1~ Shit

Started: Sunday, September 17th, 11:21 pm 2017
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Shit' I thought, as I stared at the two lines on the cheap pregnancy tests I bought.

How could I be this careless? I barely have enough money to take care of myself, let alone another human.

I am so, utterly, screwed.

I heard two, small hesitant knocks on the other side of the door.

"Anya? Did you get the results yet?" My best friend, Cali, said.

Sighing defeatedly I opened the door revealing the two tests.

And then the tears came.

"Oh Anya, come here baby," Cali cooed, taking me into her arms as big, fat tears rolled down my cheeks.

"What am I going to do?" I said hopelessly, hugging her tighter. My tears were definitely making a mess of her shirt.

"I know that you're not in the position to have a baby yet, but you'll get through this. I'm here for you," she said, sincerity behind her kind words.

"Thank you," I whispered in the crook of her neck, hoarseness evident in my voice. 

After I cried my tears away and calmed down a bit, Cali came up with an idea. An awful idea, might I add.

"What if you went back to that bar to see if the man still goes there?"

Uh, no. 

"Seriously? Do you really think it's a good idea for a girl, who is four weeks pregnant might I add, to go into a bar alone?" I said, dismissing her idea. "Besides, I'm not sure I want anyone else to know yet."

"You won't be alone silly, I'll be with you. Besides, you'll have to tell him eventually," she said seriously, bringing me back to the harsh reality of things.

"I- I'll tell him later on." That is, if I can find him.

"Okay, Anya. I'm just looking out for you. I can't bear seeing you get hurt again. You know how your first relationship ended," she said seriously.

I laughed nervously before reassuring her. "Don't worry Cal, I'll be okay. Besides, I have a shift tomorrow at Marlow's."

Marlow's was the restaurant that I waited at. The pay was minimum, but rich men would come by often and give tips so it wasn't as horrible as it seemed. Besides, it's not like I truly have a choice in the matter. Rent doesn't just pay itself. 

Cali looked hesitant to let me go to work tommorow, but she knew I had to pay the never ending bills. She was in a similar situation as me, but at least she lived with her boyfriend, Matt.

Cali looked at her phone and her eyes widened.

"Oh my goodness, I totally forgot. Matt and I are going out tonight and I have to get ready. Are you okay with me leaving you?" she asked hesitantly. I knew she would stay if I asked but I needed some time alone to think anyways.

"I'll be okay. Go with your boyfriend," I smiled, reassuring her.

"Thank you so much! I'll see you soon, and call me if you need anything. Anything, okay?" I nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow at Marlows Cali. Love you," I smiled weakly and she smiled back before leaving.

Now that I was alone, everything felt real. Too real. It was like reality came to my doorstep and slapped me in the face. Then threw cold water on my head.

I laid down on my small bed and placed my hand on my flat stomach.

Now what?

With that lingering thought in my head, I fell asleep, a certain pair of striking green eyes haunting my dreams.

**
First chapter.

What do y'all think?

I've always wanted to write a book of this genre and I finally got around to it! Please vote if you liked it!

(The chapters will increase in size gradually)

Stay tuned for more!

Take care 😘