11~ She hates me!

"So I have a proposition," Theo said out of the blue as I was putting on mascara.

Today was the day I was going to meet his family and I couldn't be more nervous. I'd asked Theo if my hair looked alright more than a hundred times!

"And what would that be?" I said, referring to his earlier statement.

"Marry me," He said simply.

I almost stabbed myself in the eye with my mascara wand.

"What!?" I exclaimed, not expecting that. Was he on drugs or something?

"I mean, just until the baby is born. If it truly doesn't work out then we can break it off," he said, explaining himself.

I turned around to see if he was joking but he looked dead serious. The fuc-?

"Don't you use that baby card on me Mister. You said you only used the word 'wife' because it sounded cooler. What's the real reason?" I said suspiciously.

"Okay, I give up," he sighed before continuing. "I'm afraid of what my family will think of this. They haven't even met you and we're already expecting a baby. They're pretty traditional, besides if after the baby is born you want to break it off, you could." he said, explaining his reasoning further.

I considered his proposition for a few moments before answering.

"And what will I get out of it?"

"Anything. What do you want?" He said quickly, hoping I wouldn't change my mind.

And then I thought. What do I want? When have I ever had the opportunity to want something?

And then it hit me. All these years of harsh beatings, loneliness, but most importantly, staying in shelters.

"I want to start my own homeless shelter," I said with no regrets. There was nothing else I wanted.

He looked shocked, but slowly a smile grew on his flawless face. "I would love to help you with that," he said, and I've never seen so much pride errupting from a person in my life.

And then it was settled. We were to announce our engagement at the dinner tonight. We didn't decide how but he said he had everything planned out.

On the car ride there I felt like I was entering the hunger games. Walking towards my own death.

Theo kept assuring me that his parents have been waiting for him to get married since they day he was born. His sister however, he was unsure of.

I was wearing a simple black and white striped dress with my hair in a messy bun. Makeup was minimal. The dinner was supposed to be relaxed so I didn't want to be over the top.

We decided to keep the pregnancy a secret for now but we would tell them later on. I wasn't showing yet so hiding it was not an issue.

"We're here," I heard Theo say, and my nerves spiked up.

I looked out the window and saw a mansion very similar to the one I was living in.

Large. Beautiful. And so incredibly fancy. It must run in the family.

I didn't have much time to inspect the house because Theo opened the door for me.

"Don't be nervous, my parents are nice," he said as I walked out of the car. I nodded and held his strong hand for support.

Theo opened the door using his own code, not bothering to ring the bell.

The house was spectacular. Not a single thing out of place.