Chapter 10

(Word count: 899)

********

Oh no. Scott thought as he turned to the source of the voice, hiding Mitch behind him in the process.

Anybody but this one person would've been fine. He would've survived but one problem...

It was his dad, Rick.

The one person he absolutely did not want to find out. His father is homophobic. His mom is to, but she's more...

Understanding?

"You want to explain why your kissing this horrible of an excuse, Fledgeling?" Rick spat. Mitch just stood frozen, was he going to hurt him? No wonder Scott didn't want to tell him.

Was his mom the same way?

Scott just glared with his jaw clenched. He didn't want anything with his dad.

"Speak!" The older Master yelled. Mitch flinched and Scott just blinked. It was like the whole room shook.

A sweet voice came from behind the dad. "Rick may I ask why you are disruptin- oh?" Connie, Scott's mom walked in. Curious eyes looking at the scene. Great, the other one.

"Why dont you tell them what I just walked in on, Scott?"

Scott just sighed and turned his head slightly to see a trembling Mitch. Mitch looked back with a scared but also hopeful expression, wanting the master to get them out.

"I was kissing my future. Something wrong?" Scott's red eyes were on display. Connie gasped, scrunched nosed. Mitch smiled a little, trying to go unnoticed. But Rick definitely noticed and he wasn't having any of it.

"Is this funny to you? Such a disobedient fledgeling. Trying to seduce my son and making him think he's gay? Might as well take you over my knee right now, faggot." Mitch cringed and whimpered and Scott saw red. He made a move to punch him in the nose but a deep yell stopped them, fist mid-air.

"Is there a problem here?" Avi appearing in the door way, making his way past Connie to get in the middle of both Masters.

"Of course there is! That thing is making my son believe he's gay and kissing him whenever he feels like it! Then thinking its funny! You should kick him out or punish him everyday, he's not good for anything except his body anyways." Rick glared at Mitch who had tears in his eyes.

A quiet voice was heard next to him. "Such a disgrace." Connie.

Scott made another move to get past Avi but he got a tiny shove backwards and a yell in response.

"Enough! I think it's time for you to leave and accept your son for who he is." Avi scoffed. He didn't want the other parents to come around the corner and see the fight.

"Aceept him for who he is?! He's not gay! That bitch is making him think he is!" Rick spat back, pointing at the two. Mitch let the tears fall but still made no noise while Scott tried to keep his cool.

"Ric-"

"Dad" Rick corrected.

"You dont deserve that title anymore. Im gay. I've been gay for a while now. But at least I know who to tell first when I get married or better yet, have a baby. Best part is, it'll be with this Fledgeling your calling a bitch." Mitch smiled at his words. Did he really want that with him?

The parents stood still. One was fuming with anger and the Fledgeling was just soaking everything in. Hoping her Master will solve everything.

"Okay. Out of my house. Immediately. If you refuse again I wont hesitate to call the Agency." Avi ushered the parents out of the room until they caved and left without much more of a fight.

Scott leveled his breathing. Giving him time to also change his eyes. He turned back to the small brunette and gave him a hug, whispering 'sorry' and 'its okay' into his ear repetitively until he felt better.

Mitch put his hands on the Master's chest and looked at him.

The blonde took a moment to admire him. Strangs of brown hair were in his eyes and his chocolate eyes were glossed with the tears that never fell. His nose had a little red tint to it and his cheeks were stained with the dried tears, but he was still gorgeous in Scott's eyes.

"D-Did you mean all that?" Mitch said softly. Almost afraid to speak.

Scott nodded his head in response. "Every word. No stuttering anymore. It makes me feel bad that your afraid to speak. Now, lets wipe those tears and go join the rest of the clan. M'kay?"

Mitch nodded and giggled when Scott lifted him, sitting him on the granite countertops, wiping his dried cheeks with a damp cloth.