Chapter 4

(Word count: 1,105)

**********

Throughout the night they conversed, danced, laughed and just had a good time.

It was around 12:00 am and Masters were starting to get drunk and aggressive so they decided to leave. Pretty boring time to leave but judging by the bar fight it was time to go to bed.

Tori and Kevin actually ended up talking they took a good liking to each other and so did the Masters. Any friend of the Fledgelings was theirs.

The Masters surprisingly didn't get drunk, just tipsy. If its a thing, Scott was more tipsy than Avi. But they both completely sobered up on the drive back home with the help of water.

Kevin was driving since he wasn't allowed to drink and Avi sat next to him. Kirstie and Mitch in the middle. That left Scott with the extra space in the back he ended up taking a nap in.

"Mitchell?" Avi looked back to see the Fledgeling looking at the tall blonde Master in the back.

His heart practically split in half at the site. Mitch wanted him so badly, but he couldn't get him. He was being a good Fledgeling and following the rules. So there he was. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

"Yes, Master?" Mitch quickly looked forward at Avi.

Avi completely forgot what he was gonna say so he just gave him a sympathetic smile. He glanced at Kirstie, hoping she would tell him what to do.

She just shrugged. Well, he was on his own.

"We know you like him a lot. Why don't you just tell him?" Avi said in his deep but soothing voice, trying not to wake Scott up but also trying not to get Mitch to freak out.

Mitch widened his eyes and shook his head slowly. "I-I. Master that's against the rules..."

"I know. But he's to chicken to do it so why don't you be the bigger person?"

Kirstie nodded and smiled widely at him. This could work...

"I don't think he likes me though..." Mitch said softly.

Kirstie visibly flinched, Kevin's mouth gaped and Avi let out a loud laugh, waking up Scott.

He groaned and sat up squinting at Avi. "I was having a really good dream you asshole." He was obviously still half asleep.

"Hey, watch you mouth. No cursing."

Scott scoffed and Mitch smiled at him.

"What was your dream about? I love dreams!" Mitch gasped and smiled even wider.

Scott cleared his throat holding back his blush. "Oh it was nothing special.:

He chuckled nervously while Avi and Kirstie shared a look and a smirk.

"Oh. Ok?" Mitch tilted his head and furrowed his brows, it was more of a question than a statement. He just went with it.

"We're back and better than ever. I understand if the Fledgelings still have to much energy to sleep, I'll gladly make them a snack and watch a movie with them. I'm wide awake myself." Kevin said to Avi with a smile. He loved hanging out with Mitch and Kirstie whenever he had the chance, they were really nice and good people to be around.

They used to have little sleepovers when Scott wasn't in the group. To Avi it just looked like a bunch of adult-babies running around. But it has been awhile since that happened, since Scott was accepted into the clan.

The Fledgelings invested their time in their Masters and the Masters invested their time into their Fledgelings. So that left Kevin tending to wounds and filling out paperwork.

Avi could see the hope in his eyes so he accepted and the Fledgelings squealed.

**********

They all entered the house and Avi excused him and Kirstie for a little bit. Also asking the rest to get changed.

Mitch and Scott went down the hallway to their room in comfortable silence. Scott immediately went to the closet and picked out one of his shirts for Mitch and the other for him. He handed it to Mitch, who was sitting on the bed messing around with his nails.

It was a comfort thing when he got this nervous.

"U-Um. M-Master?" Mitch was beyond scared and nervous. Avi basically hinted that Scott liked him though, so he shouldn't be.

"Yes?" Scott looked over at the slightly shaking Fledgeling.

"D-Do you like me?" Mitch cringed at his words. You dumbass!

"Well, in what way?" Scott was getting more and more nervous as the awkward silence continued for a few more seconds. Mitch scratched the back of his neck and nervously chuckled.

"Y-You know. T-That way."

Was this a dream?

"M-Mitch. Avi's not gonna allow this..."

"He's the one that told me to do this, Sire."

"Mitch."

"Yes, Master?"

"Are you? Are you lying?"

Mitch swore everything collapsed. He just did the unexpected and Scott thinks he's lying about it? Is he that bad of a Fledgeling?

"Y-You think I'm lying..." Mitch's face went blank, repeating Scott's words as if he needed reassurance and a reminder of what he just said.

Scott didn't know what to do. Mitch looked like he was about to cry, he had never made him cry before...

"Well, Mitch. It's against the rules. Avi is to old school to say something like that, and you have broken some rules in the past

"Are you kidding me? I just followed The Master's advice the one time he let me bend the rules and you think I'm lying? Am I that bad of a Fledgeling? When have I ever lied to you, Scott?"

"Don't use that tone with me, Fledgeling. I just asked a simple question! Do you want punishment?!" Scott took a step closer to him pointing a finger at him. Mitch scoffed and stomped on the ground, his arms flailing down.

"And now you're trying to scare me? You might as well torture me, It'll hurt less! I can't believe you! I just spilled one of my darkest secrets and you think it's all some kind of game, some kind of sick lie? News flash;the last time I checked my feelings aren't one of your fucking childhood toys!"

Mitch had a few tears going down his face out of frustration and sadness. He just stumbled out of the room and straight into Avi's. Scott thinks he's a bad Fledgeling. That's why he doesn't want him...