| Old Habits Die Hard |

I sat on my couch, the T.V illuminating the rather dim space as I slowly ate some strawberries. It was almost nine at night, the sky dark and seemingly insidious outside of my window. I curl up into my fluffy blanket, my hand grabbing the remote to raise the volume slightly as I watched the news. I always found myself to be a huge introvert as weird as that may sound. I enjoyed sitting alone and enjoying my own company most of the time. Silence has been my most dearest friend for the past 4 years.

The apartment I currently reside in is small and not at all extravagant. I told my father that I didn't want to live in the manor or penthouse, that I could afford a place of my own. It isn't much at all, but it is enough. The cable box reads 11:26 pm as I finally decide that it's time for bed. I am about to stand when I hear loud knocks at my door. I roll my eyes and ignore the disruption. It's probably my psycho neighbor, who I think has a few screws loose. The first day I moved in, he stood outside his apartment and stared at me the whole time, mumbling and laughing to himself. I groan when the knocks continue, making me stomp to the door.

"Stanley, stop it! It's nearly midnight. Go to sleep!" I shout, causing the knocking to become louder and quicker.

I yelled in annoyance, unlocking the door with anger and opening it slightly before I close it just a quick as I opened it, not being quick enough to lock it.

My front door is pried open, the force pushing me backwards, causing me to trip over myself as I looked up at the person who entered my home unwelcomed.

His broad shoulders were dressed in a black tee shirt, the shirt hugging his torso. The lower half of his body donned dark blue jeans and scuffed black converse. I would've thought I was being robbed until he turned and I saw his jagged scars and unruly curls.

"What in the actual fuck-" I breathed raggedly as Joker, void of greasepaint and that overbearing purple suit, locked the door behind him.

"Who the fuck is Stanley?" He rasps, his brows tugging together in confusion as I couldn't form a full sentence, just some odd noises.

"Anyway. I brought a housewarming gift, doll." He continued, holding a bottle of wine up in one hand.

"How. How are you here?" I seethe, before running over to my house phone. Before I could dial the GCPD, he is pulling the landline from the wall with a deep breath.

"Could ya like...chill?" He asks and rolls his eyes, placing the bottle on my countertop with a brief clunk.

"Get out. Get out get out get out!" I exclaimed, my hands turning into fists as I growled at his cool demeanor.

"Aright look. I didn't tell Miss. Prissy Pants to move to The Narrows. That's all you."

"Oh, so now it's okay-just normal to have murderers enter my house?" I spew, sizing him up as I walked closer to him.

"Don't act hard all of a sudden sweet pea. God, are you like, bleeding or something? That time of the month?"

"Who the fuck are you to say that! I'm not firstly-secondly, why are you in my apartment?! Leave! Now!" I shout as I physically push him backwards, making him grab my wrists roughly.

"Let's run by the rules, Ronnie. Keep your fucking hands to yourself unless you want mine roaming the many roads of the wonderland you call your body. Okay?" He says a bit too comically, laughing shortly after as he released my wrists.

I rub them slowly as I watch him venture into my kitchen, looking through my cabinets.

"All I'm doing is being a friendly neighbor. You move into my part of town, so I came by to bless your home. It's simple really. Get you a little tipsy, possibly weaken your senses and lead you to the bedroom for a game of twister-"