| Miss Gotham City |

It was a rather sunny day in Gotham today as I graduated top of my class at GCU. I posed for a picture with Dad, clutching my diploma as Alfred stood behind the camera.

"Alright, smile big!" Alfred smiles and clicks the camera.

I hold onto my dad and he does the same to me as we look at the photo captured by Alfred.

"Top of her class and already working at one of the most prestigious precincts in the world." He says proudly and I roll my eyes.

"GCPD is not the best, you should already know this, dad." I stress as he smirks and raises his eyebrows at me.

"Veronica! Congratulations!" Rachel's voice bellows as she jogs up to me with a bouquet of flowers. I engulf her into a hug.

"Thank you so much, Rach. I'm so glad you could make it!"

Harvey walks towards us soon after and he stands besides Rachel with a smile.

"Congrats, Veronica. I'll be looking forward to seeing much more of you in Gotham." He smiles at me and then shakes hands with dad and Alfred.

"For all the good reasons, I presume." Alfred piques up and smirks as to which I scowl, hitting his arm playfully.

"Stop it you! All I want to do is help people—simple." I chuckle and Dad shakes his head playfully.

"Alright, Alright. Let's not heckle the Grad." he chuckles and wraps his arm around my neck lovingly as he pulls me close.

"Well, this is absolutely great and all but I think we all are in need of some energy," Rachel begins and look towards Harvey then to my dad.

"Who's hungry?"

*

"Dad, are you serious?" I ask lowly as I grab his arm, a frown apparent on my face.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart but I have to go. I'll make it up to you. I promise." He speaks quietly and kisses my forehead.

"Dad, you say that all the time—" I groan and he smiles.

"—and when don't I ever keep my promise?"

"I'm getting tired of those yacht brunches and trips across country!" I exclaim sarcastically above the booming traffic and chatter of the busy Gotham streets.

He winks at me before getting into the car and rolling down the window, continuing his thoughts.

"I know you are. I love you Ronnie. Hey, maybe you'll get to spend some time with Rachel. She's been asking about you. I'll call you as soon as I'm done."

I scoff and throw my hands up in exasperation.

"I just graduated from GCU—top of my class might I add! Lucius can wait! Alfred? Al, you're obliging?!" I shout and look to Alfred in the drivers seat. He looks pained before giving a trying smile.

"It won't be long now, dear."

They drive off and leave me alone on the sidewalk, surrounded by strangers.

"Oh, Veronica Wayne, destined for greatness but can't even get her dad to stay for lunch wah wah wah." I speak mockingly to myself as I walk back into my favorite restaurant.