| Gotcha! |

"Ronnie, you have a visitor. He claims you beckoned for him to arrive...two hours early?" Alfred says a bit slowly, his obvious grandpa senses taking over.

I almost faint at the thought of James being here and I'm still getting ready. He can't see me, you know, not looking good. I shake my head at the thought and Mags catches my fear before she waves Alfred away.

"No, no. No visitors until Miss. Veronica is ready!" she states and I roll my eyes.

"Mags, this guy...I really like him." I whisper and she smiles.

"Va bene. He can wait!"

I begin to get anxious because Alfred is awaiting my final answer and Mags is still fitting my dresss, my breath getting sucked out of me as she pulls the fabric tightly around my torso.

"He can come up-" I squeak before Mags shouts.

"-NO! He must wait like everyone else!"

Alfred smirks and leaves as I am clutching my waist while Mags zips the dress up.

"Mags, Jesus, is this even my size?" I gasp and she smiles widely, clapping her hands together as she steps back to look at me.

"Bellissima! Your father was right, the color is beautiful!"

I try to lean over to get some air into my lungs before Mags reaches over and takes the clip holding my hair up, making my hair fall in soft waves around my pale face.

"I need water or something," I begin and Mags runs out of the room to get some. I stand up straight and take a big breath, feeling the dress stretch a little. I guess it just needed some breaking in.

I sit down quickly and put my heels on, then over to the mirror to make sure I looked presentable.

"No no no no-Miss. Ronnie cannot be seen yet!" I hear Mags shout in her thick accent. I smile and walk over to my door as she barges in.

"He doesn't listen. Stubborn just like you!" She whispers as James reveals himself at the entry of my room.

I try not to blush, though it was inevitable. He held a large bouquet of red roses and looked dapper in a suit and tie.

"Well well well. You clean up very nicely, Officer Blake." I try to sound sultry but Mags has other intentions as she pulls my dress tightly in the back in the middle of my sentence.

"Jesus chr-Mags its fine!" I shout and let out a heavy breath as she moves in front of me and holds my face in her hands.

"Growing so quickly. I remember when you were una piccola ragazza. Not interested in boys." She jabs and eyes James as he gives a trying smile.

"Mags, really. Thank you, I'm okay." I begin before she turns to James with a serious look.

"You show up early. Why?"

"Magnolia!" I shriek, causing her to smile and walts over to James as she dusts his shoulder off.

"Aaa, tu sei uno ragazzo molto bello. Mama Mia!" She chuckles and hums before exiting. Just as she is about to leave, she turns and gives us both a look.

"Tre minuti. Andiamo!" She claps and then closes the door. James visibly relaxed, his whole body kind of melting a bit as his shoulders went from rigid to slouched.

"Happy Birthday, Ronnie. Figured I'd get a bit of a rocky welcome, with you being you. These are for you." he says and reaches out to give the bouquet to me.