| Playboy |

"When are you going to start acting your age?" I bellow to my suited father, who looked surprised at my outburst as he was in the midst of tying his tie.

"You said you'd host an event for Harvey—not for you to show out in front of Rachel with 3 bimbos." I say and roll my eyes, grabbing a glass of champagne from the servers plate.

The waiter stops and looks surprised at my action because...well...it was only one-thirty in the afternoon...and the party didn't start until seven tonight.

"I'm testing it." I scoff at the server who scurries away without another word. I begin to raise the glass to my lips when a hand swoops in and takes it smoothly from my grasp.

"I don't care if you're twenty-one, I don't like watching you drink." Dad states with a knowing smirk, placing the chute on top of the adjacent piano as I roll my eyes in defiance. He let's out a deep breath and puts his hands in his pockets, a smug smirk apparent on his face.

"I love how you find this to be so amusing! This isn't in the slightest bit funny—"

"—and you shouting is going to make you, make me, take you seriously?" He asks with squinted eyes.

"All I'm saying is that Harvey may not realize you're doing this to take a jab at him, but you're my father and I know you better than any Russian supermodel you have on your arm—"

"—Brazilian, sweetheart. Brazilian supermodel—"

"—are you for real?!" I shout and the servers quickly stop, assessing the situation. They continue once they see I'm just being over dramatic me.

"Veronica—" he laughs as I storm past him, knocking into his shoulder.

"I have somewhere to be. I'll see you later." I grumble, making my way to the elevator. When I make it to the main floor, paparazzi is already set up and snapping pictures. I try not to mind them as I get into my car and drive. I'm on my way to have lunch with a certain guy that I find to be quite charming.

Officer Blake asked me to lunch and I obliged. He seemed friendly and really sweet so I agreed to have a friendly meet up. I'm trying not to think too much into it, a relationship really isn't good for me right now in all honesty. I shake my head then, realizing that my overthinking will surely get me nowhere. I park in the closest space to the restaurant once I arrive. As I enter, the music takes over my senses. I am taken back by the drastic change from outside to in here. Silent and dreary and then bam—lively and bright. I go towards the main counter where a group of girls around my age stand.

"Hi, I'm here to meet someone. James Blake?" I say and give a trying smile.

They all look at me wide eyes and give each other side glances before smiling at me.

"No problem, follow me!" A girl with wavy black hair says and begins to walk me through the restaurant.

Before I make it to the table, the girl leans close to me while speaking lowly,

"You are one lucky girl. He is absolutely fine." She winks as I grow red from embarrassment.

"Actually it's not—"  I begin before I meet James' gaze. He smiles wide and stands, meeting me and my red face.

"Enjoy." The hostess says slyly and I turn away from her immediately. What a personality.

"Hey, I'm glad you decided to come." He says nicely and motions me to sit.

"Yeah, well I needed a change in scenery and you sure did provide it." I say and glance around.

"So, how's everything? The internship, how is that?" He asks casually as he sips from his water.