| Memories |

"Ronnie, you seem a bit... on edge this morning." Alfred says casually, pouring me some coffee as I scanned the front of Gotham Times with frantic eyes and shaking legs.

"A literal monster...he wears a respirator? I mean, come on! Where do these people crawl out from?" I ask, clearly exasperated as I threw the paper across the table.

Alfred looks at me and then eyes the scattered newspaper.

"You best be going, Miss Wayne. You don't want to be late on your first day back."

I nod and give Alfred a kiss on the cheek before taking my coffee to go along with my belongings. It was stark winter in Gotham, snow slowly starting to make its downfall onto the dreary streets. I drive slowly to the GCPD and drank my coffee calmly before parking in the parking lot of the precinct. I sighed, my nerves taking over as I quickly looked myself over in my car mirror. When I thought I looked okay, I exited my car before straightening my beige trench coat and stuffing my hands into my pockets as I walked to the building.

When I entered, I immediately sighed at how warm it was and untied my jacket, leaving it loose around my torso. I immediately got a few shocked looks and even a few low gasps over the many ringing telephones and shouts. I nodded politely and smiled before walking to Jim's office. I knocked and opened when I heard him call me in.

"I feel like we've been here before. Deja vu?" Jim says and chuckles and I try to laugh too.

"Yeah. Something like that."

He motions me to sit and I oblige, as he opens a large folder on his desk.

"Bane...his name is Bane?" He says and gives me an odd look to which I return.

"Uh, I think so? Same guy that wears some sort of respirator, right?"

Jim chuckles and nods.

"I'm just as confused as you. This guy actually threw people out of a moving plane, over the Atlantic. A little much, if I do say so myself." Jim says and pushes his glasses up his nose.

"I did some research but I'm not sure if it's substantial. Ever heard of those old Middle Eastern Urban Legends? Particularly ones involving someone named Rahs Al Guhl?" I ask seriously, moving up in my seat.

Jim shook his head, lowering the paperwork he was reading as I continued.

"Well, uh, legend says that this guy...he was kind of like a God. Immortality consumed him. He would capture villagers that he thought to be worthy enough to be taught by him. He built something that was supposed to be a sanctuary...though a sanctuary without an exit."

Jim looks confused as I grab the paperwork and look over whatever files he had. I began mumbling a few sentences before finding what I wanted.

"Ha! Yes, in this file you sent to me when you called me in New York. It says here-" I point towards the chunk of info I was pertaining to, reading aloud.

"...he claimed he would awaken Gotham and free the city of its chains...'The shackles will be broken and then will all be fair'..." I mumble a few more lines to myself and shake my head.

"The only witness said that Bane was not holding back when speaking of his plans and even in giving his identity. This is what made me look up Rahs-Bane supposedly spoke of a fourth coming, that he would make his God happy...claiming that his "God" goes by the name-"

"-Rahs Al Ghul." Jim finished, finally pulling everything together.

"Exactly. It's sort of a penance? Maybe even a sacrifice or dedication...but all I know is that the guy who survived this is one lucky bastard. Also," I close the folder and give it back to Jim.