| Explanations |

I sat taped to a metal chair in what I believed to be an abandoned parking lot. I figured this because it was quiet echo-y and it was disgustingly humid. I think I'm most likely on the 4th or 5th floor of the building, I was counting in my head during the travel. My breathing was staggered, my mind in a whirl as I felt the fabric tug away from my eyes.

"I'm intrigued, honey..." Joker drawls out, twirling the purple switchblade in his hands and then pointing it at me. I just stare at him. I'm trying my best to not be afraid but it's kind of impossible. He's fucking scary. Who just wakes up in the morning and puts on clown makeup, dresses like they're going to a fancy party, and then kills innocent people? What a psychopath.

"What do you want? I mean really, you're the one who sent a gift to my office." I scoff and he begins to laugh hysterically.

"You see, I should be asking you the questions. In all honesty doll, you did this to yourself." He says and hums to himself, smacking his lips and giving a curt nod in thought.

"I'm not a bad guy, toots. I just...do things. Ya know, I'm just trying to show this city it's true colors. With you trying to put me away, how can I do that?" He asks and smiles, moving closer to me.

"Now, this is what we're going to do. You're going to go to the GCPD and tell them that you won't be able to, uh, work there anymore."

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" I say to him seriously and he gives me a dark look, reaching out and grabbing my jaw forcefully.

"Clearly. Hm, such a beautiful face, you wouldn't want to lose it. Watch it." He replies lowly and releases his grip harshly, making me wince.

"You couldn't send me another one of your gifts telling me all of this?" I ask sarcastically as he licks his lips, pursing them shortly after, possibly pondering my question.

"You...you just don't...get it. I didn't think it was true. Gotham's princess working side by side with crooked cops to learn every little thing about me; to lock me up!" He exclaims, mumbling a few times before smacking his lips and facing me again.

"So, dollface. I figured I'd, uh, return the favor..." He says, walking closer to me as he hikes his pants up a bit to crouch down in front of me. He was eye level with me, his face all too close as I tried my hardest to hold my breath. He smelled distinctly of worn leather and smoke, along with the slightest scent of mint and whiskey. A very masculine combination, I immediately thought.

"I'm going to tell you a little story," he begins, moving tendrils of my hair over my shoulder as he smacks his lips. I really want to punch him in his mouth. What a fucking annoying tick.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl. Ya know, the lose it all types of beautiful. She always felt a bit out of place, though. The beauty couldn't cover it all. She felt that...no one understood her. She was an outcast. So, she made it her business to...fit in. She worked hard, did what was right, and didn't take no for an answer, of course." He explains, his voice becoming deeper as he continued. His dark eyes were boring into mine, my heart beat quickening as I realized a fear I never had before. I couldn't make out the color of his eyes—they just looked black. I shuddered inwardly as he licks his scars quickly, his eyes seeming to glaze over as he looked over his brows to speak to me.

"Then one day, she realizes that she's all on her own. She's got to live for herself. Her daddy can't protect her anymore, even if he owns the entire city." He whispers and I resist the urge to cry.