☆Prologue☆

Quick A/N: Just in case if you're a bit confused in the story.
Y/N - Your name
Y/LN - Your last name
Y/A - Your age
H/C - Hair colour
H/L - Hair length
F/C - Favourite colour
I may add more so, be on the look-out for some as I will write a quick description for each that haven't been mentioned yet.

~***~

If I were to count all the events in my life I wouldn't start at one. Rather, I would begin at Y/A.
Y/A events. One representing every one of the special and heartwarming events I've encountered since I turned Y/A.
And yet, I would count the next number following after Y/A, and the next number after that, and the next number after that one.
But, what would happen if those Y/A events were stars? Only Y/A stars shining brightly in the black, open night.
How would they be created? Who would be the one to create them?

I didn't know for sure when Mom asked tiny six-year-old me that question. I wanted to understand it for myself even if I pleaded to her till nightfall. It was only Mom who protected me at the time considering Dad left us after being consumed from an unidentified ghoul.

"Hear now, Y/N. You'll receive those stars someday like your Mommy did," I remembered she muttered.

"When, Mama?" I asked. "I want to know right now!!"

She chuckled. "When you're old enough to understand them, sweetheart."

I puckered my lips into a frown. "Hmph. Fine."

How amazing it was when we sat upon our front deck just to gaze into the starry night sky, cuddling together in a fluffy blanket.
And to think that was the last time I could ever have that bonding time with Mom when the doctors found a tumor in her heart.

Many months flew by and Mom didn't seem to get any better.
I once remember her whisper to me when I sat beside her at her hospital bed with Grandma.
"Y/N. Please, promise me. When you understand those shining, bright stars, treasure it. Treasure them and especially your one and only creator."

"Mama!" I cried.

She carefully took my small hand in hers and then softly added,
"Y/N. When I do die, look up at the stars every night. Find me. That way you'll know I'll always be with you." Mom slightly smiled at the end.

I glanced at Grandma who slightly smiled back.
I nodded towards Mom. "Okay!" I squeaked.

The day when Mom died, Grandma took me into her little apartment and I knew Mom's star was up there. Somewhere. I just needed to find it.
I was so pumped to see Mom, I was smiling to myself her entire funeral.
Grandma thought it was just plain rude that I was joyful of my mother's death. She just didn't understand the stars like I did at the time.

Years passed and I continued searching for my stars (including Mom's) wondering who my creator would be.
Female nor male nor human, it wouldn't matter to me.
I just needed to find that person.

Until I met him.

Kaneki Ken.

The creator of my stars.