Chapter 6

''I will not permit it'' Thorin retorted as he leaned against a large stone, his arms crossed and his eyes not meeting anyone' eyes.

Lirah walked back and forth, finding it difficult to find any words to say to convince the stubborn dwarf. The wooden elves has slighted the dwarves, and she understood why he was hostile to their kind, but Thorin was reaching a point where he is being unreasonable. Any misdeed of one does not represent all of them, she could swear that the elves in Rivendell hold no grudge against them.''I will not be a burden Thorin, I can Help you''

Finally turning his gaze towards her, Lirah was able to see what emotion it held, and she found none. '' I don't trust you,'' he said ''and most certainly I don't need your help'' Lira's eyes widened at his careless remarks, how could somebody be so prideful? Sharing nothing in common but their stubbornness, she thought of Thranduil, both of them travelling a path of madness.

''I am not only seeking your approval but the others,'' she said as she looked at Bilbo who were looking at their exchange with wide eyes '' Bilbo what do you think?'' she asked him, Thorin took offence , how could she ask for someone else's approval, more than that why the halfling?

Clearly uncomfortable being asked, he felt it more as an interrogation so Bilbo held his hand up and refused to answer. He already know of Thorin's anger, and he really did not want to be a part of it. ''That is your answer elf'' he said, walking over the dwarves and stirring harshly with his hands. ''It is time to move'' he commanded, but the dwarves grumbled under their breath, knowing they did not have enough sleep to continue the grueling travel.

The dwarves gathered their belongings with great effort, Balin sat still on the stone, laboring his breath. The company were hardly awake to take notice of the old dwarf and the elf that stood close to them. '' Did we sleep at all?'' Kili complained, rubbing his eyes fervently. Dwalin took notice of his brother after, seeing that he looked pale and tired. ''Balin?''

''I am alright, don't mind me '' he says as he stood up rather slowly, his face contorting at the effort of simply standing up, his body swayed back and forth. Without support the dwarf almost fell forward, but quick hands hold him up '' You're burning'' she said ''He can't continue''

Dwalin helped the elf settle Balin back to the ground, she assessed him quickly, bringing back to her mind Elrond's teachings. '' You should have told us you are feeling unwell'' Dwalin said, his eyes searching his brother's.

Balin looked down, guilt overwhelming him ''I-- sorry lads, the last run took every strength in me'' he covered his face with his hands '' I'm sorry Thorin''Lirah placed her hands on the pained dwarf and started muttering something unknown to the dwarves. The place where her hands covered glowed in green, the light travelling throughout the dwarf's body.

''What are you doing to my brother?'' Lirah stopped for a moment and looked back at the dwarf that was bewildered, her hands not stopping at ministering''I'm healing him'' Balin's mouth opened, feeling his strength creeping up back to him.

''I feel so much better!'' he exclaimed, his eyes looking at around , seeing that the dwarves held the same expression. The elf smiled at the dwarf's enthusiasm '' You're not ill at all master dwarf, just needed rest''

The dwarves crowded around them, demanding she does the same to them. She sat still temporarily, it has been such a long time since she healed anyone, and it drained her physically. The company's excitement prevented them from seeing the strain it cause to the elf, only Thorin and Bilbo had noticed, the most sensible ones out of all of them.

''Stop!'' Thorin commanded '' Let us go now, your voices would have alerted the orcs'' The dwarves have forgotten their lack of rest, hastily moving fast to get away, the terror reigning in their hearts.

The mention of orcs was enough to give the elf great fear, the dark helped her remember the ordeal she had suffered, her eyes frantically looked around searching for any other movements. The group started walking forth in a line, the elf stood still politely waiting to be asked to join, but she hadn't heard any response. The dwarves were disappearing one by one , save Thorin and Balin. He spoke to the old dwarf softly, and Lirah knew that Thorin greatly respected him, maybe this time he would listen.

Waiting for it seemed like an eternity, Thorin looked back at her and nodded. After that , he turned his back to her, not allowing for her to say anything. ''Thank you'' she said anyways, truly grateful that he allowed her to accompany them.