The beginning

The wind was strong and the rain was viscous against her pale skin, but it did not matter to her. Green eyes gazed sadly upon the grave of the fallen king of Edain, though many years came to pass, the elf could not forget the lost of her brother. ''What shall I do now brother? For my choice is to be with you, the desires of my heart has not changed'' Lirah whisper to the grave, she talked as though he could hear.

As years passed through her immortal life, the longing she felt grew stronger. ''Forgive me, for I did not join you, for I also loved Elrond greatly'' The elf was moved greatly for the guilt she felt, for she had failed to fulfil her promised to her dearly beloved brother.

Elrond was greatly affected by his twin's death, and Lirah could not bear to think about the pain she would inflict if she chose to be mortal too. The flowers laid upon the grave was still fresh from her last visit, however the strong rain tore the petals away.

Elros did not forgive her, for her betrayal was great, even until his last breath. If he could hear her , she was certain he would tell her to leave.

He was dying , yet he did not let her see him. It was a haunting memory to her , one that she cannot forget.

After expressing all of her concern to the grave, the elf decided that it was time to leave. She cannot stay longer than she used to, for Elrond needed her. Celebrian, his wife would be giving birth soon and Elrond requested for her to assist the healers.

She rode fast, not wanting to disappoint her brother. The rain weakens as she grew close to Rivendell, from the distance her ears could hear loud chatters as the healers prepare. Forgetting the sadness she felt earlier, Lirah smiled brightly in anticipation, at last her nephews would arrive. The dress she wore was drenched but she did not care, jumping away from the horse, she sprinted towards the chamber where Celebrian laid.

Even though she was yet far away, she was greeted by Elrond. His face mixed with worry and concern, Lirah embraced him '' Do not worry yourself brother, Galadriel foretold that she would be in good health ''

Elrond nodded lightly somehow comforted by her words, his face still showing great concern over his wife. Not too long after, a loud scream could be heard. Elrond ran towards the chamber, while Lirah hesitated to go in. If she was to be honest, giving birth is terrifying to her. She had no particular experience with the matter, but from what she is hearing, it is a terrible experience for Celebrian.

In the end, she did not assist the healers. Another promise she had broken, she said to herself bitterly.

Deciding to wait outside, Lirah played with her long dark hair. It was a habit of hers when she is uncomfortable, she could not imagine going through such pain. After minutes of screams from not only Celebrian but from the terrified husband as well, the chamber grew silent. Curious as to what had happened, Lirah walked inside. As she set foot inside, the silence was replaced with cries of two infants.

There was nothing that could prepare her from the sight before her, Elrond drew one infant close to himself as Celebrian held the other, the parents watched the infants with great love. The healers excused themselves and left, while Lirah stood still in awe.

''Elladan and Elrohir'' Celebrian whispered, her voice still weak from labour.

Watching Elrond rejoice made Lirah's hear flutter, for once she felt that he was truly happy. It took him centuries to feel this happy, in her mind she thought that perhaps this time, he could bear if now she leaves middle earth? For now her absence could be filled by his wife and children. Thousands of years she waited for Elrond to find a suitable wife for himself, now he has a family of his own.

Occupied by her own thoughts, her feet moved by its own accord. It was one of the nights that left her restless, walking back and forth throughout her kingdom, her mind was somewhere else. It was also the time that Elrond left his wife and children to rest, a vision suddenly appeared before him.

Lirah would leave Rivendell along with Maeneth at the last hour of the night; it was all that he saw. It was not rare for her to wander outside, but there was something he feels that made this time different than the time before. He saw her took many things with her, things that she often not take with her during her travels. It worried Elrond, but Lirah was not the little elfing that would listen to his every order.

She was a skilled warrior, but her safety is not what he was fearful of. The wise elf has not forgotten the desires of her heart, the same desire that took his beloved brother away from him. He felt selfish throughout all the years of his life, for forcing her to stay with him. He was a young elf back then, not capable of sacrifice, but now he was a changed man after living through thousands of years. However, he did not have the courage to tell her, for his heart still bear great sadness for the thought of losing her As much as it pains him so , he would not make any effort tonight to stop her.

The lord of Rivendell smiled sadly as he walked back to where he came from, finally accepting the fact that his only sister would someday leave him.

Three steps were taken by Elrond, when another vision appeared right before him, a certain elf king with long pale hair.

Though no vision of his was certain, it made him very happy, perhaps his sister would finally find a love of her own.

Perhaps he wouldn't lose her at all...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own anything , everything belongs to the writer of The hobbit and Lord of the rings J. R. R. Tolkien.I only own the characters Lirah and Maeneth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------