Chapter 3 : The Ex

*Mia's POV*

We finally got everything unpacked! Its Like 11 something at night &I'm in Taliah's room with her sitting on the floor so she can do my nails.

"What you think about Cali so far , Mia?"

"It's dope! i like that boy Dashawn that helped me with my bags this afternoon ^_^" 

"Ohh really? aha my sister scopin' boys already!? I see you ! Aha"

"You crazy. Ha. What about you though?"

"Do i like Cali? Hell yeah ! This might sound a little cheesy but i'm happy we live in the place where dreams can come true" She said finishing my last nail. 

"You're right. that was cheesy!" I said laughing and getting up off the floor and leaving.

"Mia, Shut Up ! Ha. " She yelled as she threw a pillow at me when i walked out the door.

First night in Cali: so good, so far :)  

*The Next Day*

*Liah's POV*
So it's like 10 something already. I'm so tired -___o but i gotta wake up! Dad told me there was a surprise for me at the house and i still didn't get it yet. I'm still wondering what it could be. I finally got outta bed, went in the bathroom real quick, fixed my hair and went downstairs.

"Daddyyyyyyy !" I said running down the steps to see my mom and our new neighbors at the door talking.

"Taliah, Sweetie, stop yelling and come here real fast." My mom said tryna sound all preppy .

"Mom, Why are you talking like that? Aha." i said walking over to the door where she was standing.

"Never mind that, These are our new neighbors."

"Hi. :) I'm Taliah."  

I tried to be polite like my mommy taught me. Lmao

"Hi, Im Betty &This is my son Langston" She said directing her hand towards him.

"Nice to meet you" i said.

Langston was FINE . &He live right next door? Tuh , WHAT ! I can get used to this ;)  

We all walked into the living room and sat down on the couches.  

"Taliah, why don't you show Langston around . Oh and go find your sister."

"Okay Mom."  

Me &Langston both got up &he followed me to the kitchen,   "You got some long legs, you ball?"

"Yeahh, a little" I said turning my head a bit. "Miaaaaa !" i yelled walking towards the back door to the backyard.

"Any louder , they could've heard you over in China." She said taking her sunglasses off and walking into the kitchen from outside. "What you want?"

"This is Langston, He lives next door." I said walking over to the refrigerator and grabbing bottles of water.

"Aha. I already know. I met him yesterday."

"Ohh cool." I said handing her a bottle of water.

"Langston, you want one?"  

*Langston's POV*

I couldn't even focus right now. I'm so deep in daydreams that i couldn't even hear what Taliah said.  

"Huh?"

She giggled a little bit and said "I said do you want a bottle of water?"

"Oh, yeah. Aha sorry."

She handed me the bottle of water and then sat next to me. Me, her and her sister just chilled in their kitchen talking for a while, laughing and talking about where they moved from. Then her dad walked in.  

"Dad , what ever happened to the surprise you had for me?" she asked turning around in her chair to face him.

"It'll be here later. And who is this?" he said looking at me.

"I'm Langston, I live next door."

"Oh okay," he said giving me a weird look.  

I wasn't feelin' the way he was lookin' at me though. He looked like he about ready to rip my head off or some shit.   "

Okay Dad."   He left right after that. and so did Taliah's sister.  

*Taliah's POV*

"Sooo..." i said awkwardly looking down at my feet.

"You said this your first time in California, right?" Langston asked me.

"Yeah."

"I know you don't wanna spend this nice Saturday in the house. How about i show you around?" he said smiling.  

*Sigh* he is so cute ! I'm starting to like him.  

"I'd like that :)"

"iight, let's go."  

We both walked out the kitchen and back to the living room. I went upstairs to go change out of my basketball shorts and into some sweat pants. i quickly came back downstairs and me and Langston left.  

"Where are you two going?" Ms. Betty asked.

"We going for a walk." Langston said as he started walking out the door.

"Okay be safe!" My mom said as i closed the door behind us.

"You wanna go get some ice cream or something?" he said putting his hands in his pockets

"Yeah, sure"  I said walking next to him.

We walked a couple blocks and just talked and laughed. He was funny. And he's sweet too. He said i was pretty ^_^  When we got into the ice cream place, it was like 3 girls staring me down. It really made me feel uncomfortable. They were really grinding me up. It wasn't even normal !  

*Langston's POV*

So me &Taliah walked into the ice cream shop, and what a great surprise, Bri and her little followers Tiara and Candace were there. I swear i can't ever get away from this chick. We broke up 2 months ago and she still hangin' on. She did me wrong. She cheated on me and expects me to act like everything all cool. Naw. It's not gonna go down like that. Me and Taliah sat down at one of the tables and ate our ice cream. All was going well, we were laughin' and talking and then Bri and her crew walked over to us.  

"Well hello there, Langston."  

Why did she even come over here -.- I just sighed and said "Wassup Bri."  

"Nothin'. I know you miss me. And who's your little friend here?" She asked folding her arms.

"This is Taliah." I said scratching my head and not trying to pay any attention to her and her friends.

"Aww, she must not be too bright to introduce herself."

"Excuse me?" Taliah said putting her spoon down, wiping her mouth with a napkin and standing up.

"You heard what i said."  

By that time Bri had already gotten all up in her face. I stood up and stood in between them .  

"C'mon Taliah, lets go."  

I looked at Bri, shook my head, and grabbed Taliah's hand and walked out the door.  

-.-  I can always count on Bri to fuck shit up for me. That's why we broke up in the first place! She was too much. She was always jealous whenever i got around other females, she never wanted me to be with my bros, and the fact that she cheated on me made everything worse. I just want her to move on and leave me the hell alone. But shit, who knows when that's gonna happen.