Chapter 40 : 'The Right Time'

*Taliah's POV*

"Ma!" I yelled through the echoing hallway. "Have you seen my red Converses?"

"Yeah!" She yelled back. "They're down here!"

I ran down the steps, fully dressed, minus having a pair of shoes on, and with my phone in hand. I've been talking to some old friends, family, etc. all the conversations seemed to be the same though.

"How's life on the road?" "How does it feel to be famous?"

Blah blah blah. I was tired of how redundant these conversations were.

I sat on the couch close to turning my phone off completely until I remembered that I had to call Jen.

"Hello?"

"Whaddup Jen?"

"Hey boo. Whats going on?"

"I cant make it on Tuesday. So you busy today?" I asked.

"Nah. I'll be here." She answered.

"Alright. I'll be there soon.." I explained. "I just gotta go to the hotel real quick"

"Okay. See you soon."

I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket and put on my sneakers before running into the kitchen where my mom and aunt were and grabbing a plate of food.

"So whats the deal with this tour LiahLiah?" My aunt asked.

"Well," I said putting my fork down. "Its the concert here on Monday, then Pittsburg Friday, then we get a 2 week break while we're in New York."

"And yall been on tour for how long?"

"Almost 3 months i think.. But New York is the last showwww." I said dancing around in my chair.

"Hmm.. Interesting." She said smiling.

"Auntie, what you 'hmm'ing for?"

"Nothing.."

I laughed and shook my head at her.

"Ma, whats wrong with her?"

She looked over at my aunt and smiled.

"Can yall tell me whats going on?" I laughed "Please."

"We're finally coming to see you perform.."

"What? When?"

"In New York." My aunt said.

I watched as they giggled and clapped like teenagers. I was happy my family was FINALLY gonna see me open for the boys in concert.

I smiled as they continued to act like little girls. I shook my head and put my plate in the sink. I walked out the kitchen and to the front door.

"See yall later!" I yelled as i walked through the door and to the bus stop.

I would've called Mama J to get the van driver to come get me, but that was doing too much. I already heard from a million people I thought I was cool with here that I "forgot where I came from". I wasn't about to prove them right, so I'm just gonna get back to the hotel the best way I know.

-

The bus came about 10 minutes later and I paid my fare and sat close to the backdoor. I had my earphones in, listening to Chris Brown - Trumpet Lights. I nodded my head to the beat and stared out the window while the bus came to a halt.

I watched as a few girls got on the bus laughing and talking. They sat in seats up front and continued talking. I looked down at my phone then back out the window. They were more quiet than they were when they first got on the bus. I looked up from out the window and saw them looking at me whispering and smiling then one of them walked over to a few seats ahead of me and the rest of them followed.