Chapter 32 : Betrayal

*Taliah's POV*

Video shoot for "Party Tonight" today. I'm nervous as hell. This is my first video shoot for one of my songs. The "Call Me Guilty" video was something simple. Jaz was basically the star of that video, but this time I'm on my own. I recorded the song a while ago. But I'm already on set getting my hair and make-up done in this station they set up with all my clothes and stuff. The video's like a 90s house party. Its like 5:00 and the make-up lady just finished putting on this cute black lipstick on me after almost 15 minutes of putting concealer all over my face. She handed me my first outfit for the first shot of the day; baggy jeans, guinea shirt, black shell-toe adidas, a plaid flannel shirt, bandana, raybans, and a gold chain. I guess they were going for that early Aaliyah look like when she first hit the music scene. I'm not even gonna front though, it was really cute on me. I was checkin myself out in the mirror and taking a few pictures.

"You ready?" The director of the video said walking into the station.

"Yeah." I said picking up the raybans off the table and putting them on.

"Now," she said leading me through a hallway through this huge mansion. "When i yell action, i want you to walk down the staircase until you get to about the middle and just scan the room. Then just act natural while we're shooting"

"Gotcha." I said adjusting my bandana.

I stopped at the top of the staircase as she walked downstairs and sat in her chair. I could see her and the entire camera crew near the steps for this shot.

"Alright everybody!" She said as she pointed to someone over on the side, initiating for them to start the music. "Action!"

I walked down the steps to see everybody dancing. I smiled as i saw Lang, Mia and the whole crew over in a corner. I threw my hands up and yelled 'ayeee!' before walking down the steps again and walking over to them with cameras rolling. They got a couple of shots of us dancing and now they want me to go up on this little stage to record parts for my verses.

"Everybody's headed for the dance floor, See, there's a party going on tonight, the place is here and the time is now, So come on groove, bring your friends, And let's all get down. Now don't be shy, just go with the flow, Let your body groove to the tempo, Side to side, back and forth to the beat, Everybody get on up and dance with me."

This song made me feel like i was stuck in the 90s lol and this wardrobe. The shoot was fun though. We were shooting for at least a half hour until the director yelled cut. I was tired as hell. They stopped shooting for about 10 minutes. They took me back to the station and redid my hair. They told me Nick was just getting in and that he had a big announcement. I walked back downstairs and went over and sat in a chair next to the director. Nick hopped on stage and tried to make everyone get quiet.

"Ayoooo!" He said. "Can i get a mic or..." The director hurried up to the stage and handed him one.

"Alright yall. Yall having a good time right?"

Everybody cheered and broke into instant chatter.

"Uh.. Thank you for coming out and supporting Taliah and the other NCredible artists here. Let's give them all a hand" he said scanning the room. "I'm pleased to announce that The Rangers are going on tour in a matter of weeks. Along with their opening act Taliah Neil."

My heart instantly dropped as everybody started cheering again.

"After today, they will be on concert prep lockdown for the next week and a half, so enjoy them while they're still here" he said laughing. "Alright yall!"

He walked off the stage, walked over to me and gave me a hug before leaving. I was still in shock after he announced it. I walked over to everyone else to be greeted with excitement.