Hopelessly Devoted~ Fraxus

Freed's Pov

        I watched from a distance as Laxus was talking to the girls in FairyTail. Mainly Mirajane and Cana. Obviously flirting with them. Girls were always swooning over him. Giggling as he showed off his muscles. Taking them home for the night. "Freed!" I looked up and saw Laxus. I gasped a bit, "Y-Yes?" I stammered. "Can you get me a drink?" I nodded. "Yes o-of course." I went to the bar and got Laxus's drink. Then I brought it to him. "Here you go!" I smiled. He grunted out a Thanks and went back to talking with Cana and Mira. He shooed me away. I walked back to my table, laid my head down and sighed. He'll never see me that way. "You're hopeless." I heard a familiar voice say. Evergreen was standing there beside me. "When are you gonna tell him, huh?" She leaned on the table with her elbows. "I don't even know if I can." Ever groaned and rolled her eyes. "You gotta tell him soon. It's obvious you like him. You even said so yourself, your devoted to him." I sighed and looked down towards the table. "Hopelessly devoted." I looked back towards Laxus. What I saw next surprised me a bit and broke my heart little. There he was, kissing Cana. Ever saw how my face fell. "See? He's never going to return my feelings." I sighed once more, "I'm going home." "Okay" I headed towards the door. "What's up with Freed-baby?" I heard Bixlow say. Ever shrugged, "Heartbreak." She simply said.

Time Skip

I got home. I went to my bedroom and plopped on my bed, face in my pillow. I reached over and turn on some music. The song that was playing described exactly what I'm feeling right now.

Guess mine is not the first heart broken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know there's
Just no getting over you
You know I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But baby can't you see there's nothing else for me to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's no way to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you

My head is saying fool forget him
My heart is saying don't let go
Hold on to the end, that's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you
But now there's no way to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you

I sighed and started crying. Then I heard a knock. "Freed?" My eyes widened. I sat up and dried my eyes. I opened the door. I gasped. Laxus. He was there, standing in the doorway. "L-Laxus. What are you doing here? I-I mean it's fine but, why?" He looked at. "I heard you left the guild and wanted to check on you. You are our captain after all." He sighed, "Also, I wanted to do something," he paused. "Actually I've been wanting to it for awhile. I just never realize til now." I nodded. Then something happened. Something I've been dreaming about for a long time, but would've never came true. Laxus leaned in. Then, i felt warmth on my lips. I froze. He's kissing me! I squeaked. But then I melted and kissed back. Though when I did he pulled back. My eyes were still closed. "You can open them now Freed." I obeyed and opened my eyes. "Wha-what about Cana? Or even Mira?" He shrugged. "I don't really care about them." I looked at him. "But, I saw you kissing Cana!" "It didn't feel right." He said sheepishly. "But when I kissed you, it did." I was shocked. "I-," I took a deep breath. "I love you Laxus. I always have and always will." It was quiet, then, "I love you too." My heart bursted with happiness. He's returned my feelings. I've never thought it would be real! "It took me awhile. But, I've figured it out." Pause. "You're the one Freed. You've always been the one." He looked down. "So what I'm saying is, will you be mine?" I gasped and put a hand on my mouth. I nodded quickly. "Yes. Yes!" I started crying again out of happiness. He smiled and wrapped his strong arms around my small waist and hugged me. I hugged back. "I've been devoted to you. Now I'll always be devoted. I'll stay beside whenever you need me." I said.  Then I added with a whisper,"I'm hopelessly devoted to you."

The end

Author's note

Some fraxus fluff 😊 (angst? Maybe? with a happy ending? Idk) but here you go! Enjoy!