Sonic X Clingy!Reader ..Period?..

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure. It's just... Human things."

"Human things?"

"Period."

"Oh... What's that?" The hedgehog tilted his head.

She sighed and nuzzled into him, wrapping her arms around the hedgehog, "Shush..."

Sonic shrugged it off and smiled, holding her close, "So what are you watching?"

"The Notebook..."

"Oh... I see..." He sighed, not really liking the idea of watching a romantic movie.

But the human only hugged him tighter, resting her head on his shoulder. The hedgehog leant back, keeping an arm around her as they watched the movie, and for Sonic, it felt like time dragged on. But only because of the movie, romance wasn't his thing. Finally, the movie ended, and Sonic needed the bathroom. Bad.

"Hey (Y/N), could I get up please?" He glanced at the human, who hadn't moved from her spot.

"What? Why?" She looked up at him.

"I need uh... The bathroom?"

She pouted, puffing her cheeks, "No! I need my cuddle buddy!"

"But I need to go."

"And I need hugs!"

"(Y/N) please..."

"Fine..." She sighed and let him go. The hedgehog smiled and ran off. But now (Y/N) was upset. She knew she didn't give Sonic much attention and she felt really bad. Plus his support while she was in pain was really nice. Plus, when she was hugging him, she didn't feel the pain...

All the more reasons to hug some more!

As it was, she'd never hugged anyone for the length of a movie, and she had to agree with herself, it was nice. She groaned as her gut gave a strong stab and the human had to curl up and hug herself.

-Hurry back Sonic... Please-

It felt like forever, but the blue blur finally returned, giving a concerned look to the human. It was clear she was in pain, but he didn't know why, all he knew was this word 'period'. But just before he could run off to grab (Y/N)'s laptop and do some research, that very same human wrapped her arms around his leg.

"Finally! Come cuddle please.." She mumbled.

"But didn't we just cuddle?" Sonic titled his head.

"Yeah but I want more!"

He sighed and sat next to her, "Okay okay fine."

"Yay!" The human was overjoyed that her boyfriend sat next to her, before attaching herself to his arm.

Hours later and the clouded sky was getting dark. Sonic glanced at the time, before sighing.

"Hey uh (Y/N)? I need to go..."

"What? Why?" She looked up at him.

"Well it's getting dark and I need to go home to look after Tails."

"But, he can look after himself, right? He's a smart kid."

"And the weatherman said it will storm, he is afraid of lightning."

The human whined and hugged his arm tightly, "I don't want you to go..!"

"I have to." He stood, "I promise I'll be back tomorrow."

"Sonic! Stay with me please!" (Y/N) pulled him back onto the couch.

"Ugh... You're just like Amy..." Sonic sighed, crossing his arms.

She stopped and looked up at him, before letting his arm go. He glanced at her and his ears lowered. The human had wrapped herself up in the blankets and curled up on the other side of the couch. And that's when he knew he went a bit too far.

"I'm sorry..."

He sighed and hugged the mountain of blankets, "No, I shouldn't have said that. But I do need to go, okay? I'll come by early tomorrow morning. I promise you."

She nodded slowly, her eyes closed tightly. Was it pain? Was she upset? He didn't know, and he felt guilty for leaving like this.

He kissed her cheek, before running out.

~LATER~

Sonic sat at his computer, staring at the screen. He had finally looked up the 'period' word, and it all made sense. He wasted no time telling Tails he would be out for the night, and was fast enough to reach the store just before it closed.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was still curled up on the couch, groaning in pain as she reached for some chocolate. The only light was the one from the TV as another movie played. She sighed to herself as the couple on TV kissed and she pulled the blanket over her head.

"I just want to go to sleep..."

"But then you won't get more cuddles."

Her eyes widened and she looked out from her little fort, seeing her blue boyfriend standing tall, a grin on his muzzle and snack bag in his hands.

"Need a top up with snacks?"

She smiled and jumped up, hugging him tightly. He chuckled and hugged back.

"So what movie are you watching now?"

"Titanic."

"Oh no..."