April Fools! (Manic)

... Yeah I know it's not April Fools... Just take the chapter for now ^^"

You sat up in your bed, suddenly awake and staring at your calendar. It was the 1st of April. April Fools Day. The one day of the year where pranks are actually allowed. The one day you and Manic get to pull the biggest prank of the century.

Jumping to your feet you ran out of the room, into the kitchen. Having a quick breakfast you ran out of the house.

Before running back.

You needed to change.

Finally you were on your way, running through the town to get to the place you and Manic had agreed to meet at. The green hedgehog was already there, sitting at the park bench and staring at the G.U.N building across the street.

Smiling, you snuck up behind the hedgehog, before tapping his shoulder and ducking behind a bush. You had to stifle a giggle as he looked around, shrugged, then continued his stare. Tapping his shoulder again, you quickly ran in front of him as he turned the other way.

"What are you doing?" You asked, causing him to jump, and acting innocent.

He turned to you and smiled, "(Y/N), I shoulda known..."

"Known what?"

"You were the one tapping me."

"Um... No I wasn't."

He shrugged, "Then I'm being haunted by an attention seeking ghost."

"You wish." You rolled your eyes, "Is it time yet?"

"No. Soon though."

You sat next to him, maybe a little too close for comfort but he didn't mind, he knew you didn't understand personal space.

"This had better work... That paint cost a lot of money..." Manic grumbled, checking his phone for the time.

"You're the biggest liar I ever heard."

He gave you a lop-sided smile, "April Fools?"

You giggled, "You can't fool me Manic Hedgehog, I know your reputation. I bet only half the paint was paid for."

"You know me so well."

You both turned back to the government building, watching and waiting for the biggest shock anyone in G.U.N will ever receive. Time ticked past, nothing happened. The town seemed still, silent almost as if it was anticipating the obvious.

Finally, there was a ticking sound from the bushes around the building, before a loud ringing and paint was thrown onto it. Purple and pink splattered together with yellow and blue, mixing and creating a childish mess. The hedgehog next to you laughed, while you beamed in delight. It worked!

The supposedly serious looking building now looked like something a bunch of kids had got their hands on, the seriousness was gone.

Boy were they going to be pissed.

Before anyone could run out and point fingers, the two of you quickly took off, disappearing into the park. Now strolling next to each other, you were lost in thought.

You were planning on telling Manic you liked him. And, if he laughed or anything, at least it was April Fools Day, that's the best cover up... Right?

The green hedgehog was actually being very quiet as well. It was strange, normally he'd be talking and joking about the prank you just pulled, so why isn't he?