Shadow X Bullied!Reader (@KJtheDJMusicLover)

You were opening your school locker, putting books back and grabbing others. It was like any other school day. Class after class, boring work after boring work. Your homework pile was building up too. Thankfully you had the handsome Shadow the Hedgehog to help you.

He was your boyfriend, but you never told anyone after what happened to Sonic's girlfriend. (*cough cough*) So your relationship was a secret. Absolutely no one knew, no one at your school, not even Shadow's friends knew. He didn't like them much anyway.

You sighed, wishing he could help you through the school day, but the hedgehog refused to be seen in public. Fangirls are a fear to him. And a few other people.

Closing your locker, you began to your next class. A group of girls started to laugh as you walked past, and you chose to ignore them.

"There goes the nerd." One of them snickered.

"What a know-it-all." Another laughed.

"No wonder she's a loner." The third rolled her eyes. You weren't looking, but her tone suggested she did anyway.

Continuing on to class, you set your books down and sat up the front. The room was full of noisy teenagers, most gossiping about the weekend or some part. Some threw paper balls around the room. One of the balls hit you in the back of the head, and the room fell silent.

You blinked and turned around, facing everyone. All eyes were on you, and some people whispered amongst themselves. Why had they gone so quiet? You shrugged to yourself and turned back to the front of the class.

The teacher was standing in front of you, looking down at you through his tiny glasses, "Passing notes (Y/N)? That's unlike you."

He grabbed the paper from your desk, and you wondered how it got there. The teacher opened the paper and read a scribbled note out loud.

"Professor Gerald sucks eggs." He glared down at you, grey moustache twitching, "Go visit the principle, right now."

You blinked, "But, sir I didn't write that."

"Go now." He pointed to the door.

Your ears lowered and you walked out of the class. The students quietly snickered, some shoving one of the jocks or high fiving him. Walking to the office, you pulled out your phone, texting Shadow.

'Hey, probably won't be home until late, some douche got me in trouble.'

It didn't take long to get a reply.

'What did this 'douche' do?'

'Threw a piece of paper at my head, turns out it had a note saying the teacher sucked eggs. I got into trouble. On my way to the principal's office now.'

'What's the douche bag's name?'

'Don't worry, there is nothing you can do.' You sighed and put your phone away. Knocking on the principal's door, you shuffled into the room. It was a decent room, a large window behind the small desk. A bookcase full of hard-cased books and notes and little monuments sat to the right of the room.

"(Y/N)... This is the third time this week." The principal said from behind his desk, nodding to a chair, "Please sit, tell me what happened this time."

"It's really simple sir." You took the comfy seat, "One of the jocks threw a paper ball at my head, and it had a rude note about our teacher. Of course because the ball was in my possession, he blamed me for the crude message."

"And what message was that (Y/N)?"

"Professor Gerald sucks eggs." You shrugged, "I couldn't help what it says, but again I was blamed."

"I see..." The principal rubbed his head, "Did you try explaining that?"

"I tried, but he sent me straight away."

"Mhm... I'll have to talk to the professor about this. But as you know, since he is a crack-case, I do have to give you an after school detention."

"I know." You sighed, this was the third one this week.

"You know (Y/N) This kind of behaviour from the other students is called bullying." The man across from me sighed, "I can try to take action, but you know what bullies are like. The think it's cool and they won't listen to an 'old fart' like me. So please, be careful around the hallways."

"I will sir, thank you."

"See you after school (Y/N)."

Later~

The school bell filled your room with a piercing shriek. The class was quick to fill the hallway with chatting students. You sighed and packed up your books, grabbing your bag and slowly walking out. As you walked to your locker, a few people started to whisper.

"I heard she called the professor an egghead..." Someone said.

"Yeah, and that she threw paper at him."

You rolled your (e/c) eyes, lies and rumours get people nowhere. Putting your unneeded books away, your ear twitched to more talking.

"Hey, watch this..." Footsteps appeared behind you, before large hands pushed you forward. Yelping, the top half of your body was forced into your locker, causing you to be half bent forward.

"Haha, classic!" You heard laughter behind you and you growled.

"My turn my turn." Someone else stepped forward.

You tried to get out of the locker, pulling back and even kicking your feet. Slipping out you sighed in relief, before you were pushed back in.

"Hey!" You yelled and kicked your feet.

"Look at her squirm!" The people behind you laughed. Your ears laid back more as you heard more people surround you. Trying to get out you realised that this time... You were stuck.

The laughter seemed to pick up as everyone else realised this, and many people took their turn to pull on your tail.

"How are you getting out of this one nerd?" You yelped as someone yanked on your tail hard.

Suddenly, everyone gasped and went silent. An awfully low growl filled your locker and you whimpered, not sure what was going to happen. Warm hands rested on your waist as you were gently pulled free of the small prison.

Turning around your (e/c) eyes met ruby and you were washed over with relief. Fluffy white fur covered your face as Shadow pulled you into a hug, patting your head slowly.

"Are you okay...?" He asked quietly.

"I am now..." You mumbled, grabbing onto his fur.

Everyone started whispering again, a circle surrounding you and the hedgehog.

"Probably his side bitch..." Someone grumbled.

"Maybe he's confused...?"

"He's totally standing her up." Another said, "There is no way Shadow would date a nerd."

"Actually. I quiet like nerds." Shadow spat at the crowd, "They turn me on."

Your face turned dark and you hid under his arm, "Was that last comment necessary...?"

"Very." He nodded, before picking you up bridal style. Everyone was gawking at you two, "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to take (Y/N) home, and if I hear of any problems from anyone in this school..." His voice turned dark, "It'll be the last thing you do..."

With that, you two disappeared in a flash of white light. Everyone was still silent, staring at the place you two last stood, not quick sure how to process seeing the Ultimate Lifeform.

"Shadow..." You mumbled as you appeared in your home, "You... Came to school?"

"You've already had two detentions this week, for absolutely nothing. I came to talk to the principal and bust you out. Turned out you needed more help then I imagined." He sat you down, "Hot chocolate?"

You looked up at him, before smiling, "With two marshmallows."