👽

~Venus~

I carried the gun Damarcus' mom had told me to hang on to. I ran as fast as I could away from that place. The air cleared up a bit and I was able to breath. There was still smoke lingering but it wasn't as bad as before.

Jahseh's alien race has only been here for a day and it seems like forever. I wonder how the rest of the world looks. My thoughts were distracting me from what I'm really after.

The only thing I could hope for in such a tragic situation like this is getting Jahseh back. I miss him so much but the alien I fell in love with has gone away. For good. At least I thought so.

He treated me as if I was a piece of trash. Not even seeing my face sparked any memories for him. He was completely under Xena's control. Thinking about that made me stop in place.

When I did, I heard gun fire go off. I quickly darted into a deserted apartment building. The footsteps grew louder and it was a lot of them. When I peaked over the window sill, there were surviors, chained up in electric handcuffs. Following behind them was some alien soldiers. I wasn't sure how many there were.

This gun contained 8 crystal bullets. I should use them wisely. Even though I wanted to help those people, I didn't have enough bullets to take out the string of soldiers that held them captive. I stayed hidden as they passed by.

I waited until the footsteps gradually disipated into the distance. The sun finally set and it was night fall. I could easily navigate through the nighttime rather then the day.

Footsteps were left in the dirt covered roads and sidewalks. I followed them, knowing it would take me to the spaceship. I followed the tracks until I reached a familiar road. It was the main highway where the traffic jam happened.

A couple of dozen ships resided around the area. The biggest one of them all resided in the middle of the highway. Deserted cars were scattered throughout each lane. It looks like they already went through their first wave of humans. They must've been trying to escape when the invasion happened.

I kneeled down on the ground behind a truck. Since I know tonight is the night of the feast, I know they will be busy. I wanted to find Jahseh and any surviors who were still alive and haven't been harvested yet.

This will be a difficult challenge but I was determined to accomplish. A couple of hours had gone by and the silence of the night indicated to me that they were now busy. I got up and made my way to the main ship.

Each door to each ship was open. I'm guessing so they could visit one another. I swiftly made my way inside trying hard to not get caught. When I got inside, it almost looked normal. The hallways reminded me of a hotel. Nice mirrors hanging, flower assortments on top of tables. Doors leading to rooms.

I guess the king wanted his royal subjects to live in luxury on his ship. As I walked down the hallway, I saw a familiar face.