👽

~Venus~

"Stupid Jahseh. Stupid Feelings. Stupid everything." I mumbled to myself as I went back upstairs. Zamir got up from the bed and saw the change in my mood.

"Was that him?" He asked out of concern.

"Yeah. He was being an asshole as usual. Nothing new." I plopped onto my bed. Zamir came over to me and lifted my head up with his finger underneath my chin. We stared into each other's eyes for a good five minutes.

I finally turned away. He was trying to get me to fall for him again but my heart is in a different place. I'm falling in love with Jahseh. At least that's how I've been feeling a lot lately.

"I know you have feelings for him Venus. I just miss us....sometimes. You know?"

"I think about how we used to be. Now I believe being apart was best for us. We've gone our separate ways for a reason."

Zamir sighed and moved some of his dreads from out of his way. "As much as I hate to say it, I agree with you. But you know I'll always be here whenever you need me. That's something I've always done for you." He smiled.

"I appreciate everything that you have done. I really do." Zamir pulled me up from the bed and into a hug. He hugged me tight.

"Always Venus, Always." He then let go and walked out of my room. I watched as he left. That hug felt a bit odd but I brushed the feeling off.

~~

~Few Weeks Later ~

Again Jahseh goes M.I.A on me. I hate when he does that. He gives me serious aniexty. The government has increased its number of men in black suits lurking around town. They now drive around in their cars every hour on the hour. I feel like I'm specifically being watched because that interrogation moment I had in the principal's office.

As I was reading a book for my Literacy class, there was knock at the front door. Lynette has been home for a minute now. I feel like she skipped town or something. Ever since we moved into this new house, I saw less of her. I don't mind it at all. She was a nightmare to begin with.

I walked down the stairs and opened the front door. One of those government agent guys were standing on the front porch.

"Venus Lo'field?" He asked.

"Uh yes that's me."

"I'm Agent Carlo. May I come in?"

"What's this all about?"

"We are just going around informing the citizens of this city about what's been happening lately."

"And what exactly has been happening?"

"People turning up missing or dead unusually."

I froze up, not knowing how to respond to that. "Dead?"

"Yes ma'am. We cannot explain it but for now on. Everyone is advised to get to their residence by 8 p.m. sharp. No excuses. If you're outside pass that time, we will have no choice but to lock you up for the night."

"I can assure you that all I do is come straight home after school."

"Good. And one more question."

"Sure."

"Jahseh, is he your friend?"

I hesitated to answer. He caught on to that. "Thank you for your time." Agent Carlo walked away and went to the house next door. I closed the door and locked it. When I turned around, Jahseh was standing behind me.