👽

~Venus~

I sat down at the counter and waited for my spaghetti to finish warming up. I kept examining my arms that were now scar free. How could they just disappear like that? Mrs. Lo'field scrambled around trying to get ready for work. This was something I never witnessed her doing. Weird.

"See you later Venus." She said as she walked towards the front door. I just waved at her. The microwave soon stopped and I got up to open it. "Maybe some food will help me think straight." I whispered to myself.

A knock at the door interrupted my dinner time. I sighed and walked over to see who it was.

"Yes

"Yes..." I became at loss for words. A handsome guy was standing right here on my porch. He didn't look ordinary at all.

"Can I use your phone? My cellphone died and my car broke down."

"Uh. No." I slammed the door in his face.

Can't believe I just did that. Good job Venus

A knock at the door sounded and I knew that was him. "Our phone is out of service!" I yelled out to him. That ended up backfiring because the phone rang seconds after I told him that.

"Ms please. I have somewhere to be."

My hand hesitated to reach for the knob but I did. The door slowly opened as I pulled it towards me. The guy looked at me like I was some kind of crazy person.

"It's right over there." I said, pointing over to where it hung on the wall. He nodded and made his way inside. I watched his every move. After what I think just happened, trusting people was the last thing I should do.

Zamir ended up not being who I thought he was. That wasn't even my best friend. Just some fraud preying on my emotions. These memories seem fraudulent as well. Whenever I try to remember exactly what happened, it's fabricated with different memories.

My stomach began to growl rather loudly. I walked over to the plate of spaghetti I left on the counter. I picked up the fork and began eating it. My eyes didn't leave the strange guy for one second. I was waiting for him to make a wrong move.

"Well they won't be here for another hour or two." He sighed.

"Where were you heading off to?"

"I had a new job with the government. I was on my way to D.C. when my car broke down. Now I'm going to be late and they will see me as unreliable."

"Why don't you call them?"

"Can't. All contacts must be made in person."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, not your fault. Thanks for letting me use your phone. I'll be off now."

"Wait!" I grabbed a hold of his hand. He looked at me puzzled.