👽

~Venus~

I woke up feeling kind of sore and in a daze. That was the first time I was ever able to sleep really good without waking up at random times during the night. The sheets were wrapped around me like someone had tucked me in.

The smell of something burning filled the morning air. I quickly jumped out of bed, keeping the sheets wrapped around my body. I power walked downstairs trying not to trip over the sheets that dragged on the floor. When I walked into the kitchen, Jah was over by the stove.

"Uh what are you doing?" I asked, trying to take a peak.

"I'm making you pancakes. It's what the lady on tv said to make for breakfast."

I made my way over to where he was standing. Judging by the now charred rigid pancakes, he burned them to death.  "You left them cooking way to long." I turned the stove off and took the pan.

"Fuck. Sorry." He sighed and threw the spatula onto the ground.

"It's fine Jah. I wasn't really hungry anyways."

"So...how did you like it? Last night I mean" He asked me, changing the subject.

"I actually enjoyed it more than expected." I said with a grin.

"So I did it right?" He smiled.

"Yes. But I didn't really get a chance to hear what you said before I fell asleep." Jahseh just stood there, looking away from me.

"I just said I liked your hair." He mumbled.

"Oh....well thank you. I guess." He nodded but his eyes darted towards the door. I followed his gaze and saw the knob turning.

"Lynette is probably home." Jah knew what to do and left.  As soon as he did, the door finally swung open. It was Mr and Mrs. Lo'field. They both looked at me like I was crazy, after sniffing the air and seeing the burnt pancakes.

"Are you trying to make us buy yet another house?" Mrs. Lo'Field asked.

"Sorry. I-"

"Just clean up the kitchen and get dressed." She sneered.

Lynette soon came in. She looked a hot mess.

"And you missy. If we have to bail you out of jail one more time."

"You don't need to do shit mother. I'm out of here!" Lynette stomped away. Mrs. Lo'Field followed suit, still yelling at her.

Mr. Lo'Field just rolled his eyes and rubbed his fingers over his temples. "I swear I couldn't be more stressed." He then looked over at me. Eyeing me in a way he has never done before. I forgot I was completely naked under here.

"I'll go to my room now." I said breaking the awkward silence. As I walked by, he put his hands on my shoulders and squeezed them gently.

"Never knew you had such smooth skin Venus."

"Uh thanks." I said, shrugging him off of me.  As I walked away, I could feel him staring at me as I made my way upstairs. I shuttered as soon as I got back into my room.

"I didn't like the way your step-dad was talking you....or touching you."

"Don't worry about it. He's acting weird because of his wife and daughter."

"I don't know much about human families but I do know that what he was doing was not appropriate..."

"Drop it Jahseh!" I shouted at him and he just shrugged.

"Fine."

The room became intensely silent. But the bickering between Lynette and Mrs. Lo'Feild seeped through the hollow walls, creating some background noise.

We just listened to them until they went quiet. Mind you, it went on all day. I ended up staying in my room with Jahseh. We watched movies. I wasn't really feeling school so I skipped, something I never thought I would do.

~~

I woke up again and it was nightfall. The house was silent. Jahseh was just staring at the ceiling. I nudged at him a little bit to indicate that I was awake. He looked over at me and caressed my cheek softly.

"How was your sleep?"

"Fine I guess. Kind of was good, kind of was bad."

"You were moving around a lot."

"I had a dream about my parents."

Jah's whole body stiffen up. I noticed the change and just looked at him confused.

"One minute I was with them, the next minute I'm watching them getting blown up into a million pieces. That lone ship that did the job...I wasn't able to see who was in it."

"You don't need to. It's not important." He blurted out.

"Not important? So my parents mean nothing now? They were blown into thin air. I don't even have a grave to visit you asshole!" I took my pillow and tried to swing at him but he stopped me. The pillow was stuck in mid-swing. "Let me hit you! Stop with these stupid mind tricks!"  My blood was boiling. I was so angry. I wanted to constantly hit him but I was stuck with the pillow.

"I'm sorry Venus. I don't know what it's like to have caring parents." He finally let the pillow go back into motion. I didn't get to hit him because he moved from his spot. The pillow slammed into the headboard.

"Learn to understand before speaking." I told him.

"Noted." He said, walking out of the room. I watched as he left and pulled my legs up to my chest. Tears streamed down my face. I was filled with so much anger.

~~

"Zamir....thanks for coming" I gestured for him to take a seat. It was around Midnight. I haven't seen Jah in hours. I didn't want to be alone so I called Zamir.

"Is he fucking up again?"I just nodded and Zamir came over to comfort me. He wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me close to him. "It's alright Venus." Before I could say anything, I felt something stab me in the neck, like a needle.

"Zami-" I couldn't get the last letters out.

"Got her Xena." He spoke.

"Good. Bring her here."

"Not sure why we need her. Jahseh is who we are looking for."

"Capturing and torturing her will bring his disobedient ass back here."

Zamir sighed. "Whatever big sis." I vaguely heard their conversation. So much pain was sparking throughout my body from that injection. I was going numb and my vision was turning blurry.

I did know that Zamir picked me up and we left. Not sure how but I was no longer on Earth.

"Jahseh where are you ?" My mind began to wonder before blacking out.

Vote & Comment 👽💗
I feel like I don't write enough lol
But thank you for 1.9k reads!!!