👽

~Venus~

The bus came to a complete stop. All I heard was horns honking left and right. We were stuck in the middle lane of the highway.

"What's going on?" Raquel asked.

Sabrina and I shrugged. We all looked out the window. Everyone was getting out of their cars, standing by the door trying to see what the hold up was.

No cars were moving at all. Traffic was at a complete stand still. About five minutes later, there were men in suits who looked like the FBI telling people to get back into their cars.

When some refused, they were tased. Everyone on the bus was in dead silence. This situation was bizarre.

There was a knock at the bus door, the driver opened it. One of the men in the suits came waltzing in.

"No need to fear. We are just dealing with a minor problem that's blocking the highway."

We all looked at one another then back at him.

"What's the problem?" I asked boldly.

Everyone turned to look at me like I was crazy. The man glared at me.

"Nothing you should be worried about Ms. Just remain in your seats. Traffic will return to normal in a few." The man exited the bus and everyone began to talk all at once.

"Damn why he look like somebody from Men in Black?" Sabrina finally said.

"Because he's from the government." I said in a low tone.

They both looked at me.

Although there was Military mostly surrounding us, I spotted guys in black suits scattered about. That day my parents were taken off to work for that new space program. They were hiden within the crowd, looking suspicious.

"How do you know?" They both asked.

"Not like our local police dress that way." I told them. "I gotta know what the hold up is."

"But he said to remain here Venus. Don't go off being Dora the Explorer now." Raquel said.

"I don't care what those idiots tell us. They are always hiding shit. I won't be left in the dark again.".

I opened the emergency exit door and I heard the bus driver shouting at me but I ignored him. My friends watched as I jumped down from the bus and onto the road.

Before any of the men in the suits could see me, I hid in between cars. It took awhile but I finally made it to the front where they blocked the road off.

The very cars in the front row were vacant. Not sure why they had those people evacuate their cars. But, what I saw was a huge white cloak or sheet covering something. It was shaped like a boulder. But boulders don't glow.

No wonder they told people to leave

No wonder they told people to leave. I tried to get closer but felt a hand on my shoulder. When I turned around, I saw the guy from last night.

He was still not dressed. His grey dreads were swooped off to the left of his head. He looked rather weird. I didn't notice his face that night I saw him but now that I see it in the light, he just seems like he's on drugs.

The guy has no eyebrows and has different tats on face, one on his neck, chest and arms. All I could do was stare, nothing would come out of my mouth.

He didn't say anything either, he just squeezed my shoulder. His grip was a little hard, I winced.

"Could you please get off of me?"

He just titled his head.  I tried to say it again but had to quickly dart behind another car. A couple of men in suits were coming our way.

I placed a finger over my lips to indicate to him to stay quiet. He still took ahold of my shoulder but seemed to understood what I meant.

After about twenty minutes, I peaked around the car and the coast was clear. I felt nothing on my shoulder. He was gone.

I looked down on the ground and his name tag was there. I reached for it and placed it into my Jean jacket pocket. When I rose to stand up, I heard a voice.

"Hey you!" One of the guys in a suit called out to me.

"Uh oh." I darted in between the cars so they weren't able to spot me very well. It took me longer than usual to get back to the bus.

When I finally arrived back to it, I banged on the doors. The driver opened them and let me in.

"Next time you do some foolish shit like this, don't expect to me welcomed on my bus again. Now take a seat."

I nodded and walked back to where I was sitting with Sabrina and Raquel.

"So, what did you see?" They looked at me eagerly wanting to know what I discovered.

"It's something huge up there but they covered it up."

"What do you think it was?"

"A ship." I replied.

"Like a spaceship?" Raquel asked.

I nodded and they once again laughed.

"Your fascination with space really makes you think some things are reality." Sabrina playfully punched my arm.

"Well I wasn't dreaming about this. I saw it glowing and-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I had to duck when the men in suits came marching down our way. They were looking for me, I just knew it.

A knock on the glass of the bus doors prompted the driver to once again open them.

"Have any of you been out of this bus?"

"No sir." We all replied in unison.

"Are you sure you did not see anyone sneak off of this bus?"

"They all have been sitting here either talking, listening to music or texting. Normal teen stuff." The bus driver added.

"Very well then, carry on." He waved and got off the bus.

"Damn Venus. Your exploring almost got us into trouble. " Raquel rolled her eyes and sighed.

"If I never went out there, I would've never found this." That's when I pulled out the tag from my pocket.

Sabrina took it and examined it. "X49054" She then looked over at me stunned.

"Give me that!" Raquel grabbed the tag. "What are you trying to prove Venus?" She pretended like she was going to toss it out the window.

"Dont!" I yelled at her and immediately grabbed it.

"You're out of your damn mind. You need to take a step away from outer space and come back down to Earth!"

The whole bus fell silent. They were watching us disputing against one another.

"I always had a feeling you never liked it when I spoke anything science related!"

"No I don't like it at all. You're delusional and sometimes you act like you're about to lose your mind. "

"I'm losing my mind?"

"Yes! This bullshit about spaceships and aliens has taken the cake for every other space related situation you brought up." Raquel just turned away.

I got up and moved to switch seats with Sabrina. She sat next to Raquel instead. We didn't say a word to each other.

The bus began to move again but it was nothing but intense air surrounding us. All I could do was stare at the tag. His face flashed in and out of my mind.

Vote & Comment
Thanks for 100 Reads 👽💗