👽

~Venus~

Damarcus and Amina led me to a space on the ground that was covered in grass and moss. Amina moved all of it to the side and revealed a steel door. Damarcus then pulled the door open and some stairs were leading to darkness at the bottem.

"What is this?" I asked them, feeling skeptical about going down there.

"Your only chance at survival. Less questions and more moving." Amina said.

"You think I trust you both just like that?

"You followed us didn't you ?" Amina snapped.

"Quit bickering and move!" Damarcus yelled at us both.

I took a deep breath and followed Amina down the stairs. I tried my best to not miss a step but I couldn't see in total darkness once Damarcus closed the door. All I could hear was the rumbling of bombs hitting the ground. At least I couldn't hear the blood curdling screams from people anymore.

Amina flicked a switch and revealed a room.

It had a kitchen, living room and a place to sleep

It had a kitchen, living room and a place to sleep. I looked around in awe. I never knew there were underground bunkers around this area. I knew about them but never thought the day would come that I would have to reside in one.

"Make yourself comfortable." Damarcus insisted.

I just nodded and sat on the couch. My whole body sank when I did. I felt like I could finally relax.

"Are you hungry? I know I interrupted your dinner."

"Yes. I only ate a few bites of it. All that running has gotten me hungry again."

"I make some mean ramen noodles." He said jokingly.

"TUH! Yeah if you like them burnt..." Amina retorted. "I suggest you stick with a bowel of cereal." She threw me a box of frosted flakes.

I caught it and opened it. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started pouring handfuls of cereal into my hands and eating them in one bite. I could feel both of them staring at me.