👽

~Venus~

Mr & Mrs. Lo'field, my foster parents, ended up buying a whole new house. It just a couple of blocks from the old one. They didn't blame me for the house collapsing. Instead, they were in relief that it finally fell.

Mrs. Lo'field said she didn't really like the house anyways. She also implied that so much history has happened in the house, she would always wish that something would happen to it.

Everything that I had was replaced and whatever was found underneath the debris was returned. My room was twice the size as my old one. Lynette got the smaller room this time.

I offered to trade with her but she refused. Lynette thought I was pitying her but I wasn't. This room wasn't really my style. I like small and comfortable.

Ever since I was checked out of the hospital, I haven't seen Jahseh. It's been three days. He just went M.I.A on me. I'm not sure why. We talked all throughout the night in the hospital room until I fell asleep.

Looking over at the bouquet of sunflowers he gave to me, I let out a long sigh.

"Miss me." I heard a voice say.

I looked in the direction the voice was coming from and smiled so wide. I think my cheekbones were beginning to hurt. I hopped off the bed and raced over to where he was standing.

"Where have you been?" I said in a worried tone.

"Doing some investigating. Sorry I left without saying anything to you."

"Investigating for what?" I asked, disregarding his apology.

"Venus....the government is planning something big. I'm not sure what it is but I can feel that it's not going to end well."

I just stared at him. It wouldn't be surprising if they are. Ever since that suspicious object that crashed in the middle of the highway was discovered, they've been swarming around like bugs.

That just reminded me. The crystallized rock I found in the grassy field a few weeks back. I wasn't sure if anyone found it or it may have perished since the house fell down.

"Something shiny is underneath your pillow." Jahseh went over and took it from underneath my pillow.

"I thought it-" But I was caught off when he dropped it.

"Where did you find this?" Jahseh asked me in a concerned tone.

"You remember that day we went to that grassy field?"

"You need to get rid of this. Hide it or something! Anything!" Jah began to panic. I've never seen him so anxious or nervous about something before.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked as I picked it up off the ground.

"Please just get rid of it for me." He looked away from me.

"Fine..." I placed the rock in a empty shoe box and kicked it underneath my bed. "It's gone now."

"I mean put it somewhere that's not in your room."

"I will. Just don't feel like doing it right this moment Jah."

"You promise?" He held out his pinky finger.

I was surprised he remembered. Then again, his memory catches on fast after an explanation or visual of something. "I promise." My pinky wrapped around his and he sighed in relief.

"I found out the theme of the dance is Masquerade."

He titled his head. "Maquer-what?"

"You wear a mask. It's like we all are hiding our identities."