#12 Surprise Arrival

Chapter -12

_________________________________________

Thoughts of the day: -

Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that when WE TRY OUR BEST.
~~~~~~H. Jackson Brown Jr.  ~~~~~~
_________________________________________

Weekend approached too fast than I thought, I was extremely busy upto Friday evening

Weekend approached too fast than I thought, I was extremely busy upto Friday evening.  Finally I cleared all my schedules for Saturday and Sunday.  I told Nathan about Skyler, he was excited to meet his new friend.  I didn't want him to get confused so I left the 'dad' thing out of it.

Zander really left me alone this time and I was really thankful to him.  He only texted twice : a good morning and a good night. No calls nothing. I really missed his voice.

Hold your horses Amelia.

Saturday morning was peaceful Nathan was sound asleep and I kissed his forehead and slipped inside the shower. I feel extremely relaxed in the shower as if it was rubbing my tensions off me.

I came out in my bathroom robe and walked into my closet.  I choose a pink floral summer dress. When I was about to remove my robe. I felt someone breathing on my neck. Too close to me. And  I heard the voice,

"Good morning Amelia".

I fixed my composure and moved away from him,
" Zander why on earth are you here??"

He was pulled himself towards me,
"Where else would you think I be?? "

I felt his stinking breath on my shoulders,he was drunk beyond imagination.

"Why are you drunk Zander?  And how did you get to my room?? " I asked him.

"I wanted to forget that thought of you and Skyler together. And I was coming to you but the door was close and the window was open soo... " He stopped.

I kept quiet. He turned my face towards him. I look at his pathetic condition and his eyes which were dug inside his eye socket.  His hands were bleeding. He came towards me and hugged me. I know he was trying to calm himself and within few seconds he slipped into deep slumber.

His weight was pushing me down. But I kept my body as straight as possible, I took him inside bathroom,  gave him shower got rid of all his dirty clothes, I told one of our maids to bring fresh clothes for him and I took him to my bed and let him sleep there. I knew Nathan was already down at the breakfast table so I didn't tell him about Zander.  I got dressed and came down looking presentable.

"Good morning mommy" Nathan smiled at me looking up from his apple pie.

"Morning sweet pea " I kissed his forehead.

We all at our breakfasts, dad kissed me and Nathan good bye and went for the meetings.  Nathan got busy with his drawing book and I went to my study to work. Half a way I heard noises from my room. I immediately went to my room and saw Zander screaming my name,

"Amelia please don't leave me... Please Amelia.. " He was crying in his sleep.

I rushed towards him and held him tight,
"I'm here Zander.. Open your eyes Zander, see I'm here calm down" My voice and touch was indeed soothing him and again he did fall asleep.

He held my hand firmly and not wanting me to go. I stayed with him for someone moments. I had tears in my eyes and I couldn't see him in pain but he has to let me go.

Anyhow.

I came out from my room ad settled in my study when my maid announced the arrival of Skyler.

I came down and saw he was already engrossed with Nathan, he was little nervous but envy filled his eyes.  He couldn't hold back his tears and he hugged Nathan. I couldn't contain my smile.

I came down and approached them, when they were busy talking about drawing.

"Hi boys,  sorry I'm late" I said them.

"It's ok mommy, I made a new friend Sky sky" Nathan came and hugged my legs.

"Hello Skyler" I said him.

"Hello Amelia" He wished.

"Lets have our lunch shall we?? " I said.

And we all proceeded towards our table and settled ourselves. During the whole time Nathan was so engrossed with Skyler and also Skyler was learning about him.  I felt left out but I was happy they finally reconnected.

I was thinking about Zander, he didn't eat anything from the morning, he was sleeping all through out the day. I decided to excuse myself from the table and go see Zander.

I opened the door and saw him vigorously shaking in bed. I got scared, I touched his forehead and he was burning with high fever. He held my hand and pulled me beside him and curled up to me,
"Please don't leave me Amelia I'm in pain, my heads hurting" His grip tighten.

"I won't go anywhere Zander. Just let me reach my phone and call the doctor, I promise I'll come back" Still he didn't feel satisfied.  He was slowly slipping  unconscious .

I acted faster than I thought I went down convinced Skylar and Nathan that they should go together. I apologized to Skylar because of the sudden cancelation.  As soon as they left for park,  I called doctor.

I came back to the room and saw him laying unconsciously on my bed. I started soaking  towels and dabbing his face lightly. Whenever he  regained consciousness for a minute the next minutes he would fall back to bed.

Doctor came and started examining him.

"Whats the matter doc? " I was tensed.

"Ma'am this man here haven't have eaten in past few days, he only drank. He was exposed to too much cold and so he has this high temperature. I request you to feed him and give this medicines I prescribed" He stood up and left.

I felt something strung my chest a pinch of pain and then it turned into a biggest pain. I couldn't control tears, I felt it was all fault but I couldn't help it.
Somewhere I felt it was my fault, but then I didn't want to believe it..

Life is really a bitch..

_

_______________________________________

Before I go for a break a small update.

E

njoy❤.

Love. Love.