nineteen

Sung Jiyeon's POV

I woke up, unknowingly where I am. A familiar sound of a monitor ringed on both of my ears, announcing the place on where I am now. I narrowed my eyes, was surprised to see mom and dad beside me.

They hugged me softly and carefully, I felt the tear escaping my eyes. I winced when I felt the excruciating pain on my chest, I almost screamed.

"What is it?" asked mom worriedly, her eyes looked as though it has been crying for hours. Dad, whose beaming smile vanished seeing me at this state.

"I can't do it anymore.." It's all I can say from all the pain I've experienced. I wished for myself to die because everything that I love is slowly vanishing at this point.

No, I'm wrong.

Jimin is here.

Mom rushed his fingers slowly through my hair, "I know you can." she said, hopefully but she couldn't stop her eyes from crying despite from my state.

"Where's Jimin?" I asked, mom and dad exchanged looks that meant warmth from their hearts.

"Oh Jimin, bless his heart. He's a good man after all," mom paused and her tears started flowing endlessly, "I wish that we can also do the things that he does just to make you happy and free."

I tilted my head in confusion but I think it really meant something deep for them. Something deep that I couldn't reach it. I forced a smile at them.

They left the room and Jimin came.

The way he smiled, it meant something also for me. It meant something that I couldn't understand and explain but all I can say is full of hope.

"Hey, so, how are you?"

"Dying." I said.

He frowned and crossed his arms, "Dying isn't something you should joked about." he stated, sounding like a priest.

I laughed at him, he also laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked, I know that he should be the one who should but I made it first.

"I'm just happy that you're also happy." he said, it made my cheeks flush red and it was also hard to maintain a straight face.

Save me. Jimin please. Save me.

But I'm glad that he's trying to make happy memories with me before I die. I'm happy that he's here with me from the start when I'm encountering problems that have impossible solutions.

He stayed beside me.

Even though I pushed him away before.

Even though I left him.

I started crying, he panicked and went to me. He wiped the tears on my face, he looked confused with my act so he asked.

"What's wrong?"

I couldn't help but to say everything I wanted to before I die.

"I just can't imagine leaving you in this world," I sobbed, he put his arm around me, "I wish that I can have the time to hang out with you."

"I wish that I can live with you."

"I wish that I can still be in your arms forever."

He also cried, "Don't think that, I know that you can do it." he said hopefully, I shook my head.

"What if I'm gone?"

"That's only an 'if', it doesn't state the real thing that would happen." he paused and looked at me, "You won't die, promise me." he smiled.

I smiled too, Jimin is just hard to resist. He has some wise words with him that he can take anywhere.

"But seriously, what would you do if I die?" I asked again.

"That's not going to happen," he paused and smiled, "I am here and I'll do everything just to make you alive."

"You're my hero, would you save me?"

He kissed my forehead, "I would and the question is, what would you do if I die?"

I felt a pang of pain on my chest, on my heart perhaps, what does he mean? But I think he said that just to make me happy and hopeful.

But then I felt something, I don't deserve him.