nineteen

Sung Jiyeon's POV

It was the hardest goodbye I've ever experienced in my life, I didn't expect for this to happen. I didn't expect that someone would leave this world. I was too late to take the chance to hang out with her. She is one in a million.

Why is it when you're too happy there's always sad going to happen.

Is the world telling me to not be so happy?

No matter how much I fainted, I still think about her and not me. But I always wondered how her parents would feel since Jeongyeon is the only child left because her sister also died with cancer.

And her friends too, they all felt sad and sorrow about her lost. I felt sad for them, especially for Namjoon, who I later found out that he has feelings for Jeongyeon but she refused. She told him that she can't love him the way he loves her because of her illness.

My point is that she also cares for others feelings. She wanted them to understand her.

I cried the loudest at her funeral. I remembered our teasing.

(Flashback)

"We'll stay together, promise?" I said, offering my pinky.

She smiled, "Promise." she hooked her pinky into mine.

"Hey Jeongyeon, if you die. I would cry the loudest." I laughed, she hit my arm violently and laughed.

"I would cry the loudest if you die too but we don't know who'll be the first one." she stated, sounding spooky. I laughed, she never fails to make me so happy.

But why you? Why do you have to be the first one? If you die, I'll die too but you made a promise and I, who is living, should do it.

I cried on my pillow, my eyes are puffy and I totally look like a complete mess.
Luckily, my parents aren't here because they had an important meeting but of course they told Jimin to take care of me.

And I reckon they told Jimin not to make myself tired or whatever that can make my heart go crazy.

But mom, you should let Jimin away from me. He's making my heart go crazy.

"Crying again?" he asked, I nodded while pouting, "I bought you a pizza, wasn't that enough?" he frowned.

A kiss and hug is enough. I thought, he sat beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Why do I deserve to be sad?" I asked, tears rolling down on my cheeks. He put an arm around me, making my head rest on his sexy chest.

"I am so unlucky." I laughed bitterly. I felt him sigh.

"Jiyeon, did you know that life is like a piano?" he asked, when I didn't respond he went on, "Black keys are the sad moments while the white keys are the good moments." he paused again, "But remember, both keys are needed to produce good music."

His quotation made me think and made me tear up again, he kissed the side of my head.

I hugged him, I can tell that he was surprised with my act but he still hugged me back. I wish it's always like this.

I hugged him tightly when I started feeling numb, I felt my heart hammering against my ribs, my legs swelling and my face burning hot. No.

I started to breathe heavily, Jimin seemed to notice.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah.." I lied.

Oh Goodness.

I lost myself and I heard him curse.