seventeen

Sung Jiyeon's POV

"I missed you ostrich."

In the meantime, I finally knew why Jeongyeon wasn't answering on my calls and responding on my texts. It is because she had important business going on that she never had time to check her phone.

But I felt strange because she changed, her body and face changed. It turned skinny and she looked like a skeleton, her face looked pale and dull but her hair is the best; it has a shade of pink, my favorite color.

"I missed you too ant." she said back, smiling but her smile meant something: smiling even though I'm dying inside. I'm really good at these things.

Am I going to tell her about Vernon? Or should I tell about Jimin.

"So I heard you and Jimin are getting close." she said, smiling. I felt a weird feeling on my stomach. How did she know?

"Yeah, I actually missed him. I'm glad we're best friends again. Oh wait, did I say best friends?" I joked, we laughed. I missed this type of conversation with my very own crazy best friend.

I wish we are still best friends even though we're very old.

"And the reason behind it is because something tragic happened." she tilted her head and rose a brow. Oh no.

I looked down to my lap, avoiding her scary presence. We're gonna fight. No not now. She is always like this but it's really fine because I know that I'm wrong and I know why she's angry of me.

"Why are you stupid?"

No, please Jeongyeon.

"Why?"

I closed my eyes.

"I don't want to be angry but," she paused, putting a hand on her forehead, "Why are you such an idiot? I warned you about him AND WHY YOU NEVER LISTENED TO ME?" she yelled.

"I'M ALSO A PERSON JIYEON! I GET WORRIED, HURT AND FEEL ALONE!"

"AND C'MON YOUR'E MY BEST FRIEND, I WILL NEVER LET ANYONE HURT YOUR PRECIOUS HEART!"

This time, I felt how serious she is at her own words. I felt how she wanted to say those things long time ago. I know she's making me feel those things. I felt how mad she is for me being an idiot, for not listening to her.

True Friendship.

Seeing her cry makes me cry even more. She barely cries.

She's my best friend.

I rose to my feet,

walked,

and hugged her tightly.

"I-I'm sorry...." I said, crying on her shoulder. Still hugging her tightly. I heard her sob and patted my back softly.

"I'm sorry for making you feel worried,"

"I'm sorry if I never listened to you.."

"I'm really sorry..."

"And I'm really thankful that I have you as a best friend.."

"You care for me when no one else does."

"You are there when no else is."

"I love you ostrich."

I just realized that she was crying. A cry that meant a lot of pain, a cry that holds a lot of pain.

"I wish I can stay with you forever."

"I wish that someone will greet you a happy birthday at twelve midnight."

"I wish someone would love you like how I do."

"I wish someone would stay with you forever."

"I wish someone would take care of you."

"I wish someone would care for you."

"And I think I found the perfect person who would grant my wishes."

She smiled but a moment later, it faded.

"And I also wish that I'm a perfect and happy person."

I was confused but I still treasured everything she said, it was deep that I couldn't reach it.

She hugged me, her chin resting on my head since I'm very short, "Please don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." she said and laughed, the laugh I always like to hear.

I nodded while laughing.

"Jiyeon?" she called, releasing the hug.

"Yes?"

"I'm very sorry."

What?