thirteen

Sung Jiyeon's POV

"You're going to work with Mr Park's son, Jimin." said dad clearly, smirking. I opened my mouth to argue but I realized that there's no time to argue because it's already planned and there's no turning back.

I nodded in force, "Okaaaayyyy..." I said slowly, making my tone not irittable for dad to notice. Then dad told me where 'our' office is and I nodded again and left.

Oh, just perfect. I thought, Well since that ostrich is not replying on my texts, maybe I can finally talk to Jimin. I thought again. Jeongyeon hasn't replied to my texts yesterday (till today) and I don't know why but I'm worrying.

When I finally arrived at the office I'm assigned with Jimin, I first checked if there's somebody inside already but I see no one so I slid the glass door and put my belongings into one corner.

"Where is he?" I asked to myself, gazing back at the door but there's no sign of him but the other employees.

My eyes quickly fixed upon the medium-sized semi circle table, two chairs in its end point, leaving a space at the middle part. I sat at the right chair and switched the computer to on.

And then a few minutes later, Jimin came storming in the office with his things. I felt like the world stopped turning, I felt like a thousand of daggers is stabbing my heart because of guilt.

Our eyes met but he quickly turned away to sit on his chair. I can already feel the awkward atmosphere between us.

I cleared my throat to announce my presence but he ignored it by stacking a pile of papers between us.

"Er — G-Good morning." I stuttered, unknowing why I stuttered.

"Good morning." he said with a blank expression, clearly opposite to the way he speaks to his so-called fangirls around the building.

Because my eyes were focused on the screen, I didn't mind looking at my left to reach a paper so I clearly looked like an idiot, my hands feeling where the paper is but instead I felt something soft.

I lately realized that our skin made contact. We were actually doing the same thing. And this is the first time I saw Jimin looked sheepish. We quickly removed our hands and stared somewhere else.

But I remembered something..

Flashback
I checked and scanned all of the things that it's possible to see for that syrup, I checked the cabinet and voila! It's there!

I tried reaching it but I just can't, I'm too small.

Until someone touched my hand causing me to flinch and look at that person.

"I'll do it for you." Jimin coldly said and reached for the syrup and gave it to me.

"Thanks, Jimin." I gladly said, "Welcome." He said and flashed a thin smile.

(A/N: The flashback is from the first series/book: i need u )

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" I asked without hesitations, I felt the irritation from him, he looked at me boringly.

"If it's really important, Jiyeon." he said coldly, I felt my insides twirl when he finally said my name and not my last name.

"Wherewereyouonlastsaturday?" I jabbered. He rose a brow, gesturing me to repeat what I said. I inhaled and exhaled.

"Where were you on last Saturday?" I asked slowly. Somehow, he looked tense and not the very cold Jimin I'm staying with.

"Er — I was at er — Zitao's home." he stammered, not making eye contact with me in which I suspected he's lying.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief, "But I think I saw you walking with my best friend at the mall." I demanded. He started sweating.

His lips slowly curled into a smirk, "Does it mean that you were thinking of me badly at that time that you thought a stranger was me?"

My cheeks turned scarlet for no reason but I think there is a reason, "N-No! I mean — Er — You lied!" I exclaimed, making my voice steady from stuttering.

He ignored me and he started typing words in his computer, I sighed in frustration.

"But! Okay! I may be stepping a toe out of line but were you and Jeongyeon spying on me secretly?" I asked stiffly, not realizing the words I said were quite informal.

He snorted, "Excuse me? Why would I and your best friend spy on you? And me? Why would I spy on you? For your information, I'm clearly not interested with you." he snapped, turning his gaze at his computer.

I felt my soul escaped my body, I'm clearly not interested with you. A sentence that punctured a hole on my heart.

WAIT. NO! I have a boyfriend already, why would I care? I should be happy that he's not interested on me. I mean — Vernon is way better than him.