nine

Sung Jiyeon's POV

"Dad, can I talk to you for a while?" I asked, dad looked at me with surprisingly eyes but he quickly nodded afterwards. I took a deep breath and then let go.

"Is it okay if I am dating someone right now?" I asked, looking sheepish. My heart pounding rapidly against my ribs. But a part of me knew that dad will agree.

"Yeah yeah, sure." said dad, nodding. I maintained a straight face because that's better than smiling like a fool.

But dad walked towards me, facing me. I gulped my saliva. But I almost choke on it when dad grinned out of the blue.

"Are you dating with someone now?" asked dad, smirking while his brow raised. Making the same expression of Jeongyeon, it made me chuckle.

"Yeah dad," I began honestly, "Does standards matter?" I asked, furrowing my brows a bit. Dad let out a hearty laugh.

"It doesn't matter, what matters is his attitude. You know what will happen if he ever hurt you, right? Going behind the bars is worth it than seeing my daughter hurt because of that guy." said dad seriously.

I suddenly laughed and hugged my dad tightly, "Thanks dad."

"Anything."

"Oh that, do you know Vernon?" I asked, dad nodded.

"That kid is really responsible, he's very hardworking too." said dad cheerfully. I automatically smiled at his words.

"That's why I like him." I said. Dad looked at me with his bewildered face. I got a bit nervous at his sudden expression.

"I haven't asked yet but who is your boyfriend?" asked dad, his eyes squinting a bit and his eyebrows knitted that almost formed into a unibrow.

I felt nervous, "It's Vernon."

Dad's expression changed, "Oh ah, all right.. I thought it was him." he mumbled, looking a bit disappointed.

"Dad?"

"But all right, you're a big girl. It's your decision." said dad, tapping my shoulder once while smiling. I suddenly felt confused.

"Thanks dad but did you have a plan of giving me a fiancé?" I asked, a hint of sadness on my tone.

"Forget it." said dad, an odd tone in his voice. He quickly left.

"So~ What did your dad think about it?" asked Vernon shyly, scratching the back of his head slowly. I put a hand over his hand and smiled at him.

"It's okay." I said happily. Vernon looked surprised, he punched the air with his fist to express his happiness. I chuckled.

"All right enough celebrating," I said, giggling, "I have to go to an important meeting right now, see you somewhere."

"All right, good luck."

I slid the glass for me to enter the meeting room, my eyes scanned the whole area, it's mesmerizing. The chairs are neatly arranged. A spectacular view on the large glass window. And a large white blank projector screen.

I sat on my chosen spot, some people smiling and greeting me as they slumped themselves at the seat they have chosen.

And dad and Mr Park came in, dad looked at me and smiled broadly, I smiled back. Everyone is almost here and there's a free chair just across me. I turned my head to see Jimin, he's not here.

But he came, my seat mate giggling. A few girls chattering loudly. And a few of them persuading their seat mates to find another chair so that Jimin can sit beside them. Pretty savage.

He grinned at the girls and sat across me. I cleared my throat to announce my presence but he ignored me and ran his fingers through his hair.

And then dad clapped his hand once to get everyone's attention and the meeting started.

I wasn't actually listening attentively at dad and Mr Park because I kept taking secret glances at Jimin but I quickly remembered that I'm supposed to date Vernon.

It was actually hard to concentrate because he's actually good-looking and my body keep on making me look at him.

This is hard.