13: A Bygone Confession

Chapter Song: Deserve - Kris Wu (feat Travis Scott)      

          It didn't take long after we successfully got into the club that Kat and I started downing shot after shot. She didn't put up much of a fight as I had originally expected.

It only took one shot for me to realize there was no way I was taking it easy tonight.

The Firewater was packed to an overwhelming extent, quickly crawling over the legal maximum capacity. That didn't stop me--or anyone else from enjoying ourselves.

The only source of light that was offered were the laser lights coming from the DJ booth to the left and the common LED nightclub lighting that hung around the ceilings and along the bar.

We had arrived a little over two hours ago and Nic had yet to take his first drink.

I understood what he meant back in the cab now.

Nonetheless, I dragged Nic by the hand over to the bar where I had been over five times already. "Adalyn!" He shouted over the blasting music but I pretended I didn't' hear him.

After elbowing my way through a few more groups of people, we reached an empty spot at the bar.

I didn't give Nicholas enough time to protest before I shoved him into the only empty barstool and waved over the bartender.

He was in his late twenties with jet black hair and a pair of light grey eyes. We've talked a few times tonight and I found out his name is Jay.

He didn't mention anything about our age just like the taxi driver--but I had a feeling Jay had his suspicious.

When he had yet to see me, I leaned over the bar counter to get his attention when I saw Nic stand up from my peripheral vision to stand behind me.

Jay's cloudy eyes snapped in my direction when he saw me waving frantically, a wide grin set on my lips.

"'Nother' Fireball shot?" He asks, a lazy smirk on his lips.

I laugh lightly, shaking my head.

When I parted my lips to open my mouth, Jay leaned closer to hear. "Get me a Manhattan!"

When he pulled back, he sent me a thumbs up before getting to work.

Nicholas spun me around a minute later, a small frown on his lips. "Ada, come on."

I shake my head stubbornly, locking my intense gaze with his. "No, you come on, Nicholas. You haven't let loose at all yet!"

I was afraid my words were drowned out by the music, but Nic rolled his eyes, telling me he indeed heard what I had said.

He leaned in, his lips slightly grazing my ear. "You seem to be letting loose for the both of us, babe."

Biting my lip, I ignore him and turn back around. A few seconds later, Jay slides a cocktail glass over the dark brown formica laminate bar top.

I go to grab the Master card out of my bra but Jay shakes his head, finally noticing Nicholas. "It's on the house," he says, nodding curtly at Nic.

I mouth the words 'thank you' before taking the glass and shoving it in my boyfriend's face.

"Drink. Now," I order firmly, narrowing my eyes up at him through my lashes.

He takes the drink but doesn't drink it--only stares at the brown amber colored liquid wearily.

"Nicholas, you're overthinking it. I'm not wasted, see?" I lightly shove past him and square my shoulders.

I bring my right pointer finger to my nose while my other arm goes out horizontally.