1: Givenchy? Ew.

Chapter Song: Kanye - The Chainsmokers (ft. sirenxx)

ALL chapters will be in Adalyn's POV unless stated!

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Especially when those "things" are very, very, unexpected. Take the person whose head is rested in my lap for example. My hands mindlessly run through his locks of dark brown hair, an innocent smile playing on my lips as his chilling blue eyes lock with mine.

The thing is, I'm anything but innocent. Trust me when I say, I am far from being considered pure in anyone's eyes; especially my mother's.

Now this is where the unexpected comes in. The mesmerizing blue eyes and soft locks of dark brown hair belong to Nicholas Acosta--My boyfriend. Nicholas Acosta who currently has a GPA of 3.7 and is by far the most innocent goody two shoes anyone could meet.

Who would have thought an outspoken narcissistic bitchy girl would manage to get her hands on the placid smart boy of Highland Academy? But here we are, going on five months.

If someone would have told me I'd be dating the pretty boy that has a clear record, I would have laughed in their face--after punching their teeth out of course.

So yes, it's funny how things turn out at the end of the day. Especially when you think nothing could go wrong after months of pure bliss.

That's not always the case though.

* * * *

~Fast Forward~

"New York City. What do you say?"

"What the hell are you talking about, Ada?" Slamming her Tuscan red alloy locker shut, Kat turns to me with a perfectly plucked raised eyebrow and a small scowl.

Hugging my textbooks to my chest, I offer her a small smirk. "Don't you want to go visit somewhere new? Spring break is in a few days and I sure as hell don't want to spend it at home with my braggart of a mother." The words left my lips with more venom than I had thought.

With a simple shrug, Kat signals for us to start making our way to our fifth hour class. "What about your brother? And your father?" Her words leave her lips carelessly and I bite down on my lower lip to keep from snapping at her.

"Katrina, the hatred between my brother and I is mutual and you know damn well my dad's not going to be home during break."

Kat continued at a casual pace and smiled at the classmates that had greeted her. I on the other had ignored all of the ovations that followed me down the hall.

What can I say? I don't even have to lift a damn finger to be praised.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." She tried to reason but I could tell her mind was anywhere but here.

I tug on her arm making her stop in her tracks. When her blue-green eyes meet mine, I give her a pointed look.

She sighs heavily and starts to walk again. "Okay, okay, that was a stupid thing to say. I just don't know why you want to leave."

"Are you crazy? Who wouldn't want to leave? There's nothing here in Darlo--it's fucking Texas for crying out loud! You can't seriously want to stay here for break."

She doesn't say anything, only offers me a sideways glance.

"Kat?"

"Okay, yeah traveling does sound like a lot of fun, but I doubt my parents will let me travel across the country. Especially without an "adult" because I know if you go anywhere, you're going parent-less."