CHAPTER 15. - Changing locks and pecking soft lips

Start from the beginning

"Here is the hot chocolate." - Marian said as she entered to the sitting room. She wore a somewhat shy smile, or maybe she was embarrassed, I wasn't sure. She proceeded to sit on the ottoman again.
Before she could do that I called out to her:

"Please, don't sit on that awfully uncomfortable looking excuse of a furniture." - I said mockingly and sat closer to the edge on the worn out couch, to make more space for her.

She turned towards me, then a smile ghosted across her pretty face.

"Fine, it's really not very comfortable, anyway!" - she smiled more then sat beside me.

So here we are again. Marian sits beside me, and her close proximity causes my heart go haywire in my ribcage. I swallow hard then I sigh out, it's the perfect time to apologise.

"Marian." - I start then wait til she lifts her sparkling eyes to me. She watches me with eyes full of curiosity.

"I'd like to apologise for my previous behaviour, I just don't want you to feel obligated to help me. I am not here to beg, I am not a beggar and I will never be one." - I continue with a not so confident voice. I put the hot chocolate on the table and slightly shift my torso towards her. My eyes seeking her understanding, or at least I'm expecting some level of forgiveness.

Instead my eyes meet her guilty face, her eyes brimmed with tears. I nearly panic and hastily bring my hand to her face, just in time to catch her first teardrop.

"I don't ever want to make her cry." - I think in myself bitterly.

"What's wrong, what did I do? Please don't  cry!" - I say it to her gently and by hearing my voice, she magically leans her soft chin into my hand. Her skin is so soft, but I feel the wetness is seeping into my skin, she is crying now. My insides are in a million knots, my heart goes ice cold, and my stomach drops suddenly. I can't  describe how upsetting  it feels to see her crying. Helplessness washes over me, I just hold onto her, and really don't  know how to comfort her.

"I didn't mean to make you feel this way!" - she chokes out

"I didn't mean to make you feel this way!" - she chokes out. She sobs quietly into my hand, but I let her face go and slowly move my arms around her shoulder. She doesn't resist, she gently slip into my loose embrace. My heart flutters and I shudder at the foreign feeling. Marian's sobs becomes quieter and soon she stops entirely. We are hugging each other now and I don't ever want this to be over. Her body is soft, her delicate scent is so arousing that I feel my blood rushing down south. I don't really know how, but my primal instinct takes over for a mind blinding moment and I slowly press closer, my face ends up somehow in the crook of her neck and I inhale her deeply.
Her reaction gives me the answer for my never ending longing, she trembles in my arms and I feel her arms encircling my waist. She sighs quietly into my hair, I feel myself trembling too as I slowly paste a small kiss on her exposed collarbone. Her skin like silk under my chapped lips, she freezes for a moment then her body relaxes into mine. I inhale slowly again, I nearly shake from the emotions that coursing through my body.