Catching Up on Life

Start from the beginning

Summer's Thoughts: We're finally together again my love. Finally, we can be that happy family we were. I love you Y/N, thank you for finding me, and thank you for saving our daughter.

She fell asleep on your lap with a small smile on her face, happy that her family was whole once again.

Timeskip, the next morning

You stirred around, and felt the sun hitting your face. You groggily opened your eyes, only yo cover them from the blinding morning sun. After adjusting to the light, you found yourself in a hospital room. You stared out the window that overlooked the city, and then you heard the door open. You turned to see Ruby and Summer walk in with a tray of food. You began to tear up at the sight of the two most important people in your life. Summer put the tray down and rushed to embrace you in a hug. Then Ruby ran to you and began to cry. You all began to let your tears flow, and you let it all out and cried loudly, holding them both. They felt happy that you remembered everything, and that you loved them with all your heart. After a few minutes, you all finally calmed down, and pulled away from the embrace.

Y/N: *sniffle* Hey cookie monster *smiles*

Summer: *giggles* Your still the same man I married.

You pressed your foreheads together, then looked towards Ruby who was smiling.

Y/N: Who would have thought my favorite student was my daughter, come here my little rose.

She jumped into the bed and hugged you tightly as you hugged back. Summer leaned on you as you held Ruby.

Ruby: I can't believe it...MY DAD IS SO AWESOME!!

You and Summer both laughed at how excited Ruby was. You got out of bed and got dressed into some regular clothes. You signed out of the hospital and began to walk around Vale with your arms around Ruby and Summer.

Y/N: It feels good to be out here, especially with you two. Sorry I was late for dinner.

Ruby: Pfft, nahh, I didn't wanna wear those stupid lady stilts anyways.

Summer: Yeah, I don't get how people can wear those.

Y/N: Haha, like mother like daughter.

Summer: So, what should we do?

Y/N: It's still the weekend, I wanna catch up with my family. Today, just us, no one else.

Summer: I'd love that.

Ruby: Me too!

Y/N: Lets go then.

Summer/Ruby: Yeah!

Timeskip, Xiao Long Home, Night

You spent the entire day with Summer and Ruby, learning everything that Ruby did. You found out she stopped a dust robbery and actually skipped two years and entered Beacon. Catching up with your family was the best thing ever, and you grew closer not only to Summer, but much closer to Ruby, as she did to you as well. You explained to them how you were saved by villagers, and trained them to be warriors. Before you entered your home, you texted Emma.

Texts

Y/N: Hey Emma, I'm gonna be with my family tonight. I'll be back in the morning.

Emma: Ok.

Y/N: Hey, your still my little sis that I love, so don't go thinking I'm gonna forget about you.

Emma: Thanks big brother💗

Y/N: I gotta go, bye.

Emma: Bye.

You walked into the house, and saw Qrow, Yang, Tai and Raven all watching T.V. You stepped in front of it with your arms crossed.