The Soaring Rose

On the bullhead to Beacon

You were currently sitting alone on the bullhead looking out over the scenery. You kept staring out until a voice came over the intercom.

Pilot: *over intercom* We're nearing Beacon, best get ready kid.

You got up from your seat and picked up your bag that had everything you needed, and your weapon, Incursio's Key. You slung Incursio's Key behind your back, and your bag over your shoulder and waited for the doors to open. Once they opened, you were revealed to the beauty which was Beacon Academy. You stepped off the Bullhead and began to look around, seeing a lot of students walking around and talking. Some students noticed you and were staring at you. You began to walk forward, trying to figure out where the headmaster's office would be. As you walked, you heard people whisper and talk about you.

Student 1: Who's that?

Student 2: Man, transferring in the middle of a semester?

Student 3: It's gonna take forever for him to catch up, poor guy.

Just as you were rounding the corner, you accidentally bumped into someone, knocking them to the ground. You looked down and saw a girl in a white robe. She had silver eyes, shoulder length hair that was black and red at the end tips. You held out your hand to help her up.

Y/N: I'm sorry Miss.

???: It's okay.

Y/N: Ummm, could you help me out a bit?

???: Sure, what do you need?

Y/N: Could you point me to professor...Ozpin's? Office?

???: Ohh, you must be the new student who just arrived! He just sent me to get you right now!

Y/N: Ohh, that's great.

Summer: My name's Summer Rose, it's nice to meet you!

Y/N: Your awfully cheery, I like that, my name's Y/N L/N.

She blushed a bit and smiled.

Summer: Come on, I'll take you to Ozpin!

She began to drag you off in haste. After a few minutes and an elevator ride, you entered a large room, with a single desk in the middle of it, gears spinning in the ceiling, and a few seats in front of the desk. You saw a man with silver hair, wearing a black jacket with green outlines, and a green scarf around his neck. You assumed he was Ozpin.

Summer: Professor Ozpin, I found the new student!

Ozpin: Ahhh, well done Ms.Rose. Mr.L/N, please, have a seat.

You took a seat in front of him, and he sipped his mug before speaking.

Ozpin: Okay now, from I have been told, you transferred from Atlas, why is that?

Y/N: It was a last minute thing, things were not too great over at Atlas, and it just wasn't meant for me to train there to become a huntsman. So I decided to come here to Beacon, since it was well known for graduating some of the most famous huntsman and huntresses ever alive, and from what I see so far, you don't treat students like soldiers.

Ozpin: I thank you for the compliment of my school, and I will not further any detail of your reason for moving here. First, we have set up a dorm for you, and seeing that there is no team left to put you on, you will be a solo team.

Y/N: I'm okay with that.

Ozpin: Next, you will have to take an entrance exam, or "Initiation" test, to see if you are worthy of entering my school.