Unfortunate Turn of Events

Middle of the night, 3:36 A.M.

You were sound asleep in bed while holding onto Summer. While you slept, you heard your scroll buzzing on the nightstand to your left. You slowly opened your eyes, and tried to adjust to the darkness of the room. You reached over to your scroll and when you opened it, you were blinded by the light.

Y/N's Thoughts: Hate when that happens, ouch...

You adjusted your sight, and saw it was a message from Ozpin.

Ozpin message: Y/N, we need you here urgently, something's come up. Please come to Beacon as soon as possible.

When you read the text, you cast away your tiredness, and got up from bed and began to get ready for whatever mission you were going on. While getting ready, Summer had woken up.

Summer: *groggy tone* Y-Y/N?..

You looked over to Summer, and went to her side, laying her back down.

Y/N: Hey cookie monster, look, something's come up, and Ozpin needs me right now. I might be gone for awhile, but I'll be back. It's just another mission.

Summer: You sure you don't want me to come?

Y/N: You need to stay here and take care of our Ruby. Don't worry, when I get back, me, you, and Ruby are all going to go on vacation.

Summer: Mmmm, okay.

You kissed her and stroked her hair.

Y/N: Get some more rest, I'll be back, I love you.

Summer: I love you too.

You kissed one last time, and she fell back asleep. You went over to Ruby's room, and walked up to her cradle. She was sleeping peacefully, sucking on her thumb. You kissed your index and middle finger, and lightly tapped them on Ruby's head to kiss her without waking her up. She smiled which melted your heart.

Y/N's Thoughts: I'll be back, my little rose.

You left her room, and walked out the front door. It was snowing outside, and cold. When you felt the cold air run through your body, it made you feel something. It made you felt that something bad was gonna happen. You looked back to your house, and decided to make a quick stop somewhere before heading to Beacon.

Timeskip, 1 hour, Island of Patch

Tai and Raven were sound asleep next to each other in the bed they shared. As they were sleeping, a knock at the door awoke both of them.

Raven: *Groan* Uggghh *covers head with pillow speaks muffled* Tai, get it.

He groaned and got up to get the door.

Tai's thoughts: Who the heck would be awake at this time?

When he opened the door, and rubbed his eyes, he saw that it was you.

Tai: Y/N?

Y/N: Can I come in?

Tai: Y-Yeah, of course, I'll make us some tea.

He let you in and set a kettle on the stove and went back to the living room where you were sat.

Y/N: So, how's Yang?

Tai: She's the spitting image of her mom, but she got my hair so, I'm fine with that.

Y/N: It's good to hear that things are going well.

Tai: Anyways, what's with the unexpected vis-

He's cut off by his scroll vibrating. When he reads it, before he can say anything, you cut him off.