She stared at him with such strangeness and confusion. It was early in the morning, she had just woken up, she was still in her pajamas. Why was this guy analyzing her fighting skills? "Am I missing something here?"

"I was seeing if you are ready for sudden attacks, which you are not" the bandanna suited him well, it was weird, but she was not going to lie he definitely worked it. He looked like a misunderstood punk rocker.

"So, you arranged pillows to mimic your body shape and hid for several hours waiting for me to get up and come to your room just so you can test me?"

"Yes,"

"Then you should undoubtedly reevaluate who the real loser is" she pushed him off, and began walking out of the room only to dramatically stop and say, "I could've totally broken your nose if I wanted to"

*******************************************

"You'll be happy to hear I made your favorite food" Xen said. Jonathan was slightly terrified of what could she have made and how she could've messed it up. She placed a steaming bowl of tube shaped pasta noodles in front of him. "Boiled pasta without sauce or seasoning"

"That's not my favorite" He corrected her

"It's the only thing I can make" She sat down on the chair perpendicular to him.

"Which you still can't cook properly, it's extremely undercooked" he said poking the pasta with his fork.

"It's al dente" Okay, maybe Xen had totally forgotten about cooking lunch. In her defense no one should've gave her this much responsibility. She only had 5 minutes and box of pasta, she did what she had to do. It was easier to feed him raw pasta then to have him complain about how useless Xen is. It wasn't like he could do better, there is a reason his father hired a maid.

Get to know him. The words from the book were ringing in her ears. This would've been a perfect time to interrogate him....err....ask him about himself.

"Soooo....what is favorite food?" She circled her fork around her finger.

Jonathan was trying chew his very tough pasta. At the end he just gave up and spite it into a napkin. "Not anything you make"

This was going to be more difficult than she thought. And she thought this was going to be highly difficult, so you can imagine just how difficult it was going to be. She crossed her legs underneath the table and moved a little closer to him. "What are your fears? You must be scared of something"

"I am afraid I will die of food poisoning sometime soon" he was still playing around with the pasta, obviously not digesting it. You might be foolish to do that.

Relax, she reminded herself, relax. Jonathan was not cooperating and Xen was getting frustrated. Is he ever going to open up his cold tiny heart? The world may never know. But Xen will not give up now, she couldn't or Raziel will literally destroy her. She put a smile on her face and rested her elbows on the table. "What do you do for fun? And you can't say work out"

"I obviously count my abs over and over again, and may I say I am ripped" he let a little smile escape his lips. He liked it, bothering Xen. It was amusing to see her roll her eyes and give him death stares. It was amusing to see her express this much interest in him, no one ever has, not even his father. Of course she had a motive. Everybody has a motive for everything they do.

She was not giving up, not just yet. "What about your parents? What do they do?" She bit her tongue. "Never mind don't answer that"

"So, I am going to take your al dente pasta and see if it is useful in war tactics"  he placed finger quotations around al dente.

"No! Wait! At least tell me your favorite color or something?" Xen begged just for a little piece of information. Just anything to bring them a little closer. But he got up and left.

For the past 10 minutes Xen was sulking on the couch. Getting to know someone is a 50/50 effort, which Jonathan did not put in. She understood that he did not want to reveal too much about him, since he was planning on destroying the world. And Raziel had put this huge responsibility on her to get Jonathan to like her, and so he wouldn't destroy the world. The fate of the  world rested on her hands, she can't afford screw up.

The book clearly stated that you must personalize them with yourself. Wait! That's it! Xen has it all wrong. She is was trying to personalize herself with Jonathan and not the other way around. To get something she must give something in return.

She ran out the back door and saw Jonathan drawing a rune on himself. After the rune was finished his eyes met Xen wondering why she was here and out of breath from running a very short distance. The sun had left a twinkle in her eye, maybe it was her passion; and the wind was blowing all her hair into her face which she had to pull back every few seconds.

"My name is Xen Goldscar. I don't have a middle name. I haven't spoken to my parents in years because they are cruel and incredibly boring. My favorite color is of the night sky. I could eat fries and honey mustard for every meal, for the rest of my life. I love honey mustard so much that I could drink it, and I am told that is quite disgusting. I like collecting gems and I am obsessed with vampires. I have lots of free time because no one trusts me with any responsibility. In that free time I read books and go down to the little vintage witchcraft store near me and fool mundanes into thinking I can see their future. Also, I find great pleasure in holding up my prism to the sunlight and see it break into a rainbow"

She left out the part where she also kidnapped and hid his actual maid in one of his closet. She thought it was better to leave it out.

"What are you doing?" He asked very confused by why Xen was laying all this information on him. On top of that he was also trying to conceal his smile.

"I don't know how long I am going to be here. It could be 20 days, it could be forever—"she got cut off by Jonathan

"Or until you get fired"

"Or until I get fired" she reiterated. "Either way I think it's obligatory as roommates to get to know each other"

Both of them had black eyes and both found something enchanting in the other's. It was impossible for him to turn away. She was giving him her sad looking eyes like she was expecting something from him. People usually look at him either in terror or in disgust as if he should be ashamed of himself for being himself. But no one has expected anything from him.

"You don't have to tell me anything" she added. "But I kinda told you my whole life story so I anticipate something in return"

He tucked his Steele back into his pocket. "My name is Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern"

"I already knew that" by the angel! Please tell me he is joking. Sadly he was not, his serious expression gave him away.

"There is nothing wrong in hearing stuff you already know, it gives you a different perspective" he stated. "When other people say my name they curse it, while I take pride in it"