Part 2 - Chapter 35 - Chose What You Love Most

Third Person's POV

Three Days Later

"Luke... may I please speak to you in private?" Miss J asked the tired looking Luke.

"Does it have to be now?" Replied Luke with a question.

"I would prefer if it is now, yes." She said standing at the doorway.

"Alright, of course." Luke said softly, as he stood up from the bed. Slight groans of discomfort left his mouth as the very familiar pain made itself known again. Miss J did not seem to spot the discomfort of the male whom she has become a motherly figure for. She was very much focused on herself at the moment.

"What is it you want to talk about?" Luke asked after he followed Miss J to her office that was next to his.

"How do I look?" She asked, taking Luke by surprise. He was almost positive that she did not make him get out of bed just to ask what was his views on her outfit.

"You look great." Luke commented honestly. "Uh, is that why you called me?" He asked, not wanting to sound rude.

"Oh no... no!" She said with a slight chuckle. "I know that I haven't been around much anymore and I'd like to tell you why." She said, her cheeks forming a slight, but noticeable shade of pink.

"I think I know why... unless I'm wrong."

"Tell me what you think." She ordered.

"Well... you have found your mate. I do not expect you to be around as much. You need to be with someone you're supposed to be around... and I understand that." Luke said honestly, however, the last part was a whisper that she barely heard.

"Well you are right... but there is another reason." She said as she sat on her desk.

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"Brandon and I... we kind of want to start a family of our own. And I know my age may seem old..." She said with a chuckle. "... but we really want to do this. And I am going to permanently want to move to his pack, as I am technically the Luna there..." She said looking into Luke's eyes. "And I am sorry... I really am sorry. It's not like I have a choice." She added.

"It's fine. I know it your duty to protect your pack and be with your mate. I wish you luck and I can't wait to meet those little ones you'll eventually have." Luke said with a sad smile.

"Thank you. And don't think that I will forget about you. I'll always be here." She said giving him a reassuring smile.

"You've already forgotten about me." Luke said in his mine, but only gave a smile to her.

They shared a tight hug, and exchanged small words of comfort.

"I better get someone to help me pack." She said with a smile.

"Oh... before you do that... how's the boys and Emilie?" Luke said, nibbling on his finger nervously. He was extremely worried about his boys and his baby girl, and was greatly sadden by the fact that he can rarely see them anymore.

"They are great. Having fun, and just enjoying life with their mates... you know?" She said.

"That... that is good. I'm glad that they are doing well." Luke said looking down at his sweater, his young habits returning again. "Do you think they'd be able to come see me?" He questioned again, somewhat nervous to ask.

"How about you come by to see them?"

"I did yesterday... but no one was there... I waited a couple hours." Luke said. "But... I'll pass by later on. Please let them know." He pleaded with a smile planted on his face.