Chapter 34 - Returning

Michael's POV

"What's wrong with you?" Taylor asked me. We were about thirty minutes away from Luke's pack and I was anxious and nervous.

"Just a little nervous." I said looking at her as she drove with her eyes focused on the road. 

"Why are you nervous?" 

"I worried that he won't want to hear me out." I said.

"I don't think he would want to hear you apologize again, over and over." She said. 

"So should I do it or not?"

"It's all up to you, Michael. But I'm just saying that he would probably get fed up of hearing sorry over and over, don't you think?" 

"Yeah, I guess. When we get there I'll think about doing or not doing it."  I said sighing.

"Have you heard from Justin?" She asked.

"Nope, not a call or text." 

We decided to drive to Luke's pack because he invited us saying he has some good and somewhat bad news to tell us. I was nervous about the good news and honestly terrified about the somewhat bad news, as he's calling it. 

I closed my eyes and let the cool and wind the air conditioner hit my face. The feeling was so relaxing, and discomforting at the same time. My phone began to go off in the back seat. My eyes flew open and I quickly reached for it in my bag on the beach seat and answered.

"Hello? Luke?" 

"N-No.... It's Nelson." The voice said on the other line.

"Oh my God. Hi! How have you been?" I asked, in complete shock.

"I am going well actually. It's better than other punishment." He said.

"That's good to hear. Not sound to sound rude or anything, how did you get my number?" I asked him.

"Oh..Uh... I always had it."

"And you're just calling me?" I asked.

"Well I was just allowed to use my phone about a few hours ago, so you're the first one I'm calling."

"Really?" I asked smiling. 

"Yeah.."

"That's great! I appreciate that." 

"So I have good news." He said.

"Yeah? What's the good news?"

"I'm released from serving the council."

"How?" Was the only think I could've asked. 

"Well, I honestly don't know how." He said.

"Didn't the council tell you anything?"

"Yes. They told me that they received word to release me from my service." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Did they say by who?" I asked curiously.

"They won't tell me. Because I asked and they just said by someone whom I owe my life too." 

"What does that suppose to mean though?"

"I have no fucking clue. I'm just thankful that I no longer have to go through the horrors of serving the council." He said with a cheerful voice. 

"Was it bad?"

"It was horrible. They made me do everything!" He said.

"Sorta reminds me of stuff Luke did since growing up." I said to myself which he heard.