Part 2 - Chapter 26 - Out of Luck

Third Person's POV

They sat silently in the moving car, that rocked side ways and up and down while it moved on the bumpy, dirt road that was covered with small pebbles and medium sized rocks that were paced due to heavy rains and rising flood water. Michael and Nelson were buckled up and pretty much reckless due to the uneasy drive that led towards their house in the middle of a dark, and scary forest.

"Did Kiing call you this week?" Nelson asked and Micheal fasted him Michael turned his head to face the man.

"Yeah, he did. He has made tons of progress, I am honestly pretty shocked about what happened." Michael said and Nelson hummed.

"What happened?" He asked, pressing on the gas pedal as the car tires skid on the rocks.

"Well, he kind of spilled all the details and that the pups isn't really Eryk's. He found his mate as well, and his mate rejected him because of it and h-" He spoke up and was cut off.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait!" Nelson said cutting off Michael. He paused and Michael waited for him to continue. "Did he tell all of them that the pups wasn't Eryk's pups?" He asked.

"He said it in front of Luke, Eryk, his mate, and some other people I think." Michael answered.

"And his mate rejected him? Why...?" He questioned.

"Yeah... his mate rejected him because he was carrying someone else's pups and that he even slept with someone else who was mated... Eryk that is." Michael explained.

"Well, I guess that is a good thing. He is ours, not anyone else's." Nelson said.

"Funny thing is that after all of that... Eryk still stayed with Kiing and Luke finally got to his end and left." Michael said. "He also tried kill himself a while back before all of that happened. We are getting what we wanted and I can't wait for him to just rot!" Michael added excitingly.

Nelson was about to respond when a loud noise startled the both of them. The car slowed down and Nelson sighed. He turned the key of the vehicle that was in the car already and waited until the car stared back again. The car tried and tried, making the noise of a motor starting, and then it died down immediately. He kept on trying and trying, over and over until he gave up. He pulled the keys out and sighed heavily looking at the road.

"So... I think we are stuck here for  while." Michael said, pointing out obvious, after a moment of silence that lasted only a few seconds.

"It seems like we are." He responded in a tone that showed that he knew already the situations.

"What are we going to do then?" Nelson's partner asked. "I mean it is getting really late and you know how quick darkness happens in these woods. Only light around is us and some of the neighbors round us, and that is really far from here. So what are we going to do now?"

"I think we should walk or we can shift and make the run for it." Nelson suggested. "What do you think?" He asked Michael.

"Sure... I don't think we have any choice after all." He respond to the question that was asked to him. "Let's hurry though." He added.

"So is it walking or shifting into our wolves then make a run for it. It would be pretty quick." Nelson said to him and Michael was already getting out of the vehicle. "We can always come back for our car, or we can call a tow or something. We just need to get home first." He said and Michael began to quickly strip his clothing, Nelson doing the same.

"We need to shift back so the neighbors doesn't get the wrong idea. Just as we ready in sight of the little village, then we shift back." The smaller man, Michael, said and Nelson gave a smile of approval, agreeing to the statement.