Chapter 32 - Pay Back Hurts

Michael's POV

"No! No! No! Please, no!" I shouted to the person I was speaking to on the phone, as I ran out of the supermarket. 

I made it to my car in the parking lot and entered it as fast as I can. I threw the phone on the passenger seat and started the car. I then drove as quickly as I can out of the parking lot and to the house Luke helped arranged for us all. I drove way pass the speed limit, not caring about anything right now. Getting to the house was my main priority right now. I tried not to hit any other vehicles on the road as I overtook the traffic that was beginning to occur as it was the lunch rush. My hands beginning to sweat as the thought of what I heard on the phone kept playing in my head. 

As I turned the corner, now driving on a back road so I can reach faster, the worst thing that could've happened at this time occurred. A loud booming sound echoed the street and then my car soon began to slow down. I hit the steering wheel of my car, when the car came to a full stop. I groaned and unbuckled my seat belt, exiting the car to see what happened. I passed my hand through my hair at the sight of everything. The hood of the car was smoking and the two front tires were punctured. 

"Excuse, Sir. Do you need some help?" A man from across the street said while walking towards me. 

"Yes, I do. Please." I said. 

"I have two spears there and I can fix the motor of the car." He said. 

"How much would that cost?" I asked seeing that he walked from a mechanic's shop.

"Let's say 250$" He said making me look at him in shock.

"Wait, how much?" 

"It'll be 250$, take it or leave it, sonny." He said. 

I sighed and took out my wallet, handing him two hundred dollar bills and four ten dollar bills. "This is all I have." 

"That's quite alright. This will do."

"How long do you think it will take to fix this? I'm in a huge rush to get home." I said.

"Maybe twenty to forty minutes." 

"Can you just please hurry." I begged. He simply nodded and went to fixing it. I sat down on chairs that was place outside of a cafe. I tapped my feet impatiently as I watch him slowly get to fixing the motor of my car. I then felt a vibration in against my legs followed by my phone's ring tone. I quickly pulled the phone out of my pocket and slide it to answer. 

"Hello, what's going on?" I asked quickly.

"Where are you, Michael?" Justin asked me, his voice cracking.

"My car broke down and now I'm sort of stuck in town." I said. 

"Your parents keeps asking for you." He said.

"Tell them I'll be here soon."

"O-Okay."

"What about your parents, are they okay?" I asked.

"They.....No.." He said as I started to hear soft sniffles. "Please hurry." 

"Alright, I'll be there soon." I said then hung up the phone. 

I was beyond shocked when I found out the the disease returned. It didn't affect Justin, nor Taylor, and not even me, but it affected My parents, as well as Justin's parents. Since we all found out last week, it's been worse and worse and worse. I was scared, terrified, and completely sadden that it has returned. Not only can it kill them, but it could spread to us or something.  The moon goddess is truly mean when it comes to her punishing someone.