Part 2: The Awkwardness- Heechul

*5 weeks later*

"Kyungie."

"What is it hyung?"

"I wrote the first verse but I can't come over today."

"Let me guess, you're going out with her today."

Heechul nodded. They were eating at the same local cafe. Heechul would get an espresso while Kyung Hoon would get some tea to start the day off. It was 2 months since they first started writing the song. Kyung Hoon had a hard time composing a rhythm and chorus due to his busy schedule but managed to pull through and was able to pass it over to Heechul to write the lyrics. It was also 5 weeks since Heechul had found someone to fall in love with and confessed. Now, Heechul was going to be dating his new crush for the tenth time.

"Yea... I'm so sorry. I'll take a picture and send it to you before the day is over."

Kyung Hoon sighed and nodded. There was an awkward silence as Kyung Hoon focused on stirring his tea and Heechul was thinking about his date.

"Kyungie, how should I present myself to her today?"

Kyung Hoon didn't look up, "You always look good no matter what you wear."

"Kyungie, you don't seem happy about something."

"I'm fine."

Heechul sighed and tried to be cute, "You think I can't tell when my best friend is sick? Please tell me Kyungie."

Kyung Hoon didn't react to Heechul's aegyo so Heechul rolled his eyes.

"Kyungie, seriously. What's going on with you? You've been looking down for days now."

"Hyung. Don't worry about me. I'm just not feeling well okay?"

Heechul had no choice but to give up. Kyung Hoon was definitely not going to tell him. Heechul went on to finish his coffee. Kyung Hoon then stood up and placed his money on the table.

"I'll be going. See you tomorrow I guess."

Heechul was silent as Kyung Hoon left. There was definitely something going on, especially after Heechul started dating. But what was the problem? Kyung Hoon was congratulating Heechul for his new relationship on the first week.

"I can never read your mind Kyungie... Aish..."

His phone suddenly rang and he took a look. It was a text from Hana.

'How's my darling doing right now?'

Heechul smiled and replied:

'Never better, oppa is too handsome.'

Heechul shook his head in embarrassment, he hadn't smiled like crazy since going on vacation with Kyung Hoon.

Vacation...

He suddenly remembered how Kyung Hoon had a cold expression when he told him about Hana on the way back to Seoul. Kyung Hoon seemed like he already knew.

"Did I tell him before we were on the plane? I don't remember it at all... Well, he seemed fine the day after we returned and even congratulated with a smile. But wait... we had been distant ever since and he rarely talks to me after the Knowing Bros shooting." Heechul scratched his head in confusion.

"Kyungie... You are so hard to read." Heechul sighed. He turned off his phone and continued to finish his coffee.

Later on in the evening, Heechul got ready for his date. He walked over to Hana's place and called her. She picked up quickly like expected.

"Come down. I'm waiting."

"Okay handsome. One second."

Hana looked beautiful in a pink, silky dress. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail which was settled on her right shoulder. Heechul made sure to act cool as she walked towards him.

"You look acceptable."

Hana laughed cutely, "And you look somewhat charming."

Heechul took Hana to an Italian restaurant. It was the usual one that he and Kyung Hoon would go to. The restaurant was not as packed because Heechul had booked a space. Heechul helped Hana to her chair before casually sitting down opposite of her.

"What do you have in that brain?" Heechul asked.

"I'm thinking."

"About me?" Heechul asked as he leaned close to her.

"About how I should kill you passionately."

Heechul laughed, "Good luck, I'm very durable."

While they ate, someone entered the space and sat on the far corner from them. Heechul had noticed that it was Kyung Hoon and Jang Hoon. Jang Hoon waved with a jokingly smile but Kyung Hoon avoided his gaze. Heechul had no choice but return his gaze to Hana.

"What should we do after this Heechul oppa?" Hana asked.

"Hm... You got any plans?"

"Well... Momo got us tickets to see a movie. You think we should go to a romantic date to the movies?"

"Since Momo is treating us, I'm willing to go for free."

"As expected of Kim Heechul. A cheapskate. So movies then?"

Heechul laughed. His gaze suddenly shifted to Kyung Hoon's table. Jang Hoon was silently watching Kyung Hoon with a concerned face. Kyung Hoon meanwhile was emotionlessly eating his food.

"Heechul oppa. Are you there?"

Heechul flinched and looked at Hana. She was blinking and was waiting for an answer.

"Uh yea..."

On the other table, Kyung Hoon had got up.

"I'm done eating Jang Hoon, I'll be going."

As Kyung Hoon walked past their table, Heechul grabbed Kyung Hoon's wrist.

"What's wrong with you Kyung Hoon?"

Kyung Hoon looked at Heechul, "Worry about your date with Hana. That's what you're here for, right?"

"What's your problem really? Are you against me dating Hana?" Heechul confronted him.

Kyung Hoon shook his head and then turned to Hana, "Mianhae Hana, I'm really happy for you guys. I'm not happy because of other reasons."

Heechul shook his head, "Tell me! You never open up to me even when I beg you to! How am I going to help you if you don't trust me as a friend?"

Hana had grabbed Heechul's hand, "Oppa, let's let Kyung Hoon oppa do his own thing. He already said it's nothing against us."

"You don't understand Hana, I'm sick and tired of Kyungie keeping things to himself and not being open about his problems."

Kyung Hoon slapped Heechul's grip from his wrist and started walking. Heechul gritted his teeth.

"Min Kyung Hoon! You will be sorry for what you doing right now!"

Kyung Hoon stopped. He didn't say anything for a while. Heechul stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"I'm already guilty for my mistakes. Too guilty that I'll never be able to face it again."

Kyung Hoon left the restaurant, leaving the date and Heechul in devastation.