Chapter Twenty-Three

I sit in my closet floor pondering what to wear to school.

It takes around 20 minutes but I finally decide on high waisted jeans a crop too and my black Keds. I walk over to my dresser and so my makeup.

This is a long process that usually entails many products and steps. I don't usually buy professional makeup from like ULTA it Sephora but us usually things from the ELF. line at Target or drugstore makeup.

I begin with my face makeup. This includes ELF concealer, Maybeline CC cream, Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, ELF pressed powder, and ELF bronzer. Then it my eyes and eyebrows. I start with eyeshadow, usually a light skin toned color, and I put eyeliner on, either liquid or pencil depending on the occasion. Then I put a growth serum on my lashes, curl them, and put mascara on. I then put serum on my eyebrows and fill then in with a pencil.

I usually don't give a shit about my hair, it being too curly to even CARE about. But today I put a mint green bow into my hair, linking back my fringed bangs.

I put my assignment notebook and all of the homework I finished last night into my backpack and go out to the living room.

I grab a bowl and put some blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries into it.

I hear a knock on the door and yell "Mom! I'm leaving for school!"

I go out the door and Taylor greets me. He opens his car door for me and lets me in.

He drives me to school and walks me to my locker. I begin grabbing my things for my class when Taylor begins talking to me.

"Victoria you said just a week ago that you didn't ever want to see my face again. What changed?"

"I-I I don't know. I just feel an emptiness that is only existent when you're not with me"

He smiles at me with a smile I've never seen him wear before.

He gives me a huge hug and kisses me.

We only break apart after we hear a kid in the hallway yell "Hey! PDA!"

"Oops aha." I chuckle.

Taylor grabs my hand and walks me down to my Calculus class and pecks me on the lips before he departs.

I walk into class and daydream the whole time not caring if I hear any of the information.

---------------------------------------------

Flashback

Dillon had turned his car off and rushed to my side. As I kept crying my knees got weaker and gave out below me, causing me to collapse in Dillion's arms.

"Victoria... shhh... it's ok.... shhh"

I only hear tid-bits of what he says over the rain and my sobs.

He helps me back to my feet and waits until I look him in the eye.

"Victoria. Taylor's at my house right now."

"A-and." I say through sniffles.

"Maybe if you come over with me you can tell him."

"There's no fucking point."

Dillon looks at me in shock.

"Taylor thinks I hate him."

"Yeah, and it's your time to come and tell him how you really feel."

"But you don't understand."

"Oh, I m sure I understand a great deal."

"No, some of the things I told Taylor. If anyone ever told me those things I would never talk to them again. I might even go as far as moving."

"What kinds of things did you say?"

"Oh come on now Dillon. It's pouring out here and I'm in leggings and no shoes."

"So, that's a yes? You'll come over and tell Taylor you're sorry?"

"Yeah."

I smile and run back into the house and grab my pair of galaxy Vans and take off the Youtube sweatshirt I have on now and replace it with a thicker California Republic one.

---------------------------------------------

Back to present time

"Ms. Scott." I am pulled back to present time by my Calculus teacher calling my name out in class.

"Oh, uh what?"

"Please tell me the main factors of the Archimedean property."

"I uh um." Please let the bell ring, god, I'm begging you.

I hear little giggles from throughout the room.

"Thank you, Ms. Scott, for that interesting explanation."

Even more giggles erupt.

"Ok then. Mr. Gundersen. Tell me."

I look across the room to see Nick, pretty much the class geek. He is in Orchestra and Chorus and pretty much tells you off if you call it otherwise. He's also in all of the extracurricular classes this whole school has to offer. His wardrobe contains sweatshirts, tshirts from show choir competitions, and those stupid 'supposed-to-be-funny' shirts that have dumb sayings on them.

"Well, um the smooth infinitesimal analysis was always difficult to understand. But in the 20th century non-standard analysis was invented and the idea was accepted."

"Correct. And, Ms. Scott can you please tell me why you weren't able to answer this question?"

"She's probably thinking about her 'badass' boyfriend." someone says in the back of the class.

"No. I'm just stupid." I mutter.

The bell finally rings answering my earlier prayers.

I walk outside the calculus class and wait outside the door for Taylor, getting bumped my other kids in the class either too lazy to move out of my way, or just hate me. There's many of those.

I see Taylor walk up to me, me just realizing what he is wearing. He does not match at all.

He's wearing blue jeans and a muscle tank with the Nike logo and their slogan "Just Do It" in gold. He's also wearing Vans that have random cats on then. And, what shocked me the most, a red bandana with white stripes. I can't believe what I see.

"Who are you and what did you do with the real Taylor?"

He just gives me a quizzical look.

"The real Taylor would never let his bandana not match his outfit. I've seen through your disguise."

He just chuckles and puts his arm around me protectively.

As we walk down the hallway, like always, people look at us.

I just stand straighter and smile with pride of my boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love y'all so so much!

-Victoria

Find me:

Twitter: @AlwaysMoran

Snapchat: that_swiftie

Kik: the_swiftie

Ask.fm: theatreislyfe

Tumblr: never-going-to-prom

We Heart It: Victoria Ratliff