Chapter Twenty-One

"Baby-babe im sorry."

"Leave me alone Taylor"

"Hey, i can make it up to you."

I stop dead in my tracks and look him in the eye. "No you can't. You were about to have sex with a random girl at some party. She's probably a prostitute for all i care." I began to turn around when Taylor grabs my wrist to stop me. I yank my wrist away.

"I wasnt thinking, and i drank a lot and i she manipulated me" he says pointing back in the direction of the house, "and we went into the bedroom and-"

I slap him right across the face. He stumbles back and holds his left hand to his cheek. "I dot want to hear the rest of that sentence. Youre dead to me."

With that i turn around and begin to walk home, as Taylor drove me here.

It begins to get cold after around 10 minutes and i realize I took my blazer off before laying down.

I finally see the front lawn of my house and begin running. I walk in the door and my mom looks at me funny. "Did you guys do anything with water at that party? Its awlfully cold to be doing that."

I give her a quizzical look and say "No, why exactly do you ask?"

"Well you got mascara all over your face."

With that I run to the bathroom and take a look at myself in the mirror. I have mascara all down my cheeks and on my temples and even some one my chin. I guess I must've began crying on the walk home and I didn't notice. I open the drawer and grab two makeup removed towels. I wipe off all the mascara and the rest if my makeup in the process. Before I turn back around to go back out to the living room, I realize if he's not worth dating, then he's not worth crying over. I'm done with him, why should my feelings keep going on?

I turn and trot back into the living room. With a smile my mom says "So was the party fun?"

"Um, yeah. It was nice."

"Good."

I open the fridge to find something to eat. The light of it nearly blinds me and makes me stumble back. I then realize that I drank so much. I guess the feeling just went away with adrenaline.

I nearly fall straight on my butt and my mom notices. "One more question, was there alcohol at that party?"

I shake my head "Um, yeah but most of us are 18 and Taylor is 18-"

"Oh sweetie." my mom whispers only meant for herself.

She guides me over to the sofa and lays me down and gets me seltzer water from the fridge. She pots me a cup of it and hands it to me along with a blanket.

"I'm sorry mom." I say.

"Its ok sweetie we can get to punishment later but for now I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Thanks mom."

I don't know why, but I begin to have a nervous breakdown.

How could my life get so messed up in a matter of two hours. I begin remembering what I had said earlier about not crying over Taylor but I just couldn't hold it back anymore. That combined with the whole drinking thing I was just so disappointed with myself.

"Oh honey, it's not that big a deal. We all drink a little bit before were 21 just wait til college."

Funny.

She still thought this was 100% about the drinking.