Chapter two

-Friday-
We move tomorrow. I am really nervous. I'm not exactly popular here, but I do have quite a bit of friends. I had to say goodbye to all of them, making sure that I still had their phone number right so we could stay in touch.
It was very awkward to get ready this morning. All of my stuff was already packed up - so, I winged it and wore sweats and no makeup on my last day of school. I sit down on the bus and it nearly draws me to tears. I was born in Oregon, but I moved here when I was two. Most of my memories are here and not 1,000 miles away.
I nearly miss my stop because I was in a trance. My best friend, Ana, had to tap me on the shoulder a few times before I realized I wasn't paying attention. I said 'goodbye' to Ana and got off the bus for the last time.
I walked home and slumped down on the couch.
"What's up, buttercup?" Zach, my older brother, said. He is in college, but today, he is helping us move into our house.
"Not much." I say. "I'm just sad that I have to leave all my friends behind."
"It's ok. you'll make new friends in Indiana." Zach said, softly smiling.
I started laughing. Obviously, my own brother didn't even know me. I don't make friends very well. In fact, I rarely make friends. Most of my friends are mutual friends. I met Ana and she introduced me to her friends.
"Thanks, Zach." I say, getting up and giving him a hug.
-The day of the moving-
I am just so frazzled. There's a ton of people here helping us move. From family I didn't realize I had to people to help us move appliances and large furniture.
So much is going on that I walk up to my room. The movers did the upstairs first - so, I had no furniture to sit down on. So, I sat on the floor and plugged my phone charger into the outlet. I look through social media and listen to music. after about an hour, I hear my mom yell loudly.
"Victoria! It's time to go! Come on!"