Unfortunate Turn of Events

Start from the beginning

Y/N: From Ozpin, right?

Tai: Yeah, we should get going.

Y/N: No.

Tai: What do you mean no?

Footsteps were heard, and you saw Raven coming down the stairs.

Raven: I heard talking, Y/N, what are you doing here?

Tai: Raven, get ready, we got a miss-

Y/N: I said no, Tai. Don't take this mission.

Tai: Why not?

Y/N: I can't put my finger on it, but something feels different today. I got a weird feeling, and I don't want any of you near this mission.

Raven: Y/N, we can handle-

Y/N: Yourselves, yes I know, but please, for me.

???: Mommy?

You all looked to the top of the stairs and saw little Yang there rubbing her eye from waking up. Raven went and picked her up.

Raven: What are you doing out of bed sweetie?

Yang: I heard you guys talking, and I heard uncle Y/N.

She reached her arms out to you signaling that she wanted you to carry her. You took her into your arms.

Y/N: Hey munchkin.

Yang: Hi uncle Y/N.

Y/N: You been good to your parents right?

Yang: I got in trouble.

Y/N: For what?

Tai: *sigh* We took her to get a hair cut, but she ended up hitting the barber in the face before he even got the scissors.

Y/N: You know Yang doesn't want a hair cut Tai, she likes her hair.

You gave Yang a kiss on the cheek and handed her over back to Raven.

Y/N: Please, if you won't stay here for me, stay here for Yang.

They looked at each other, and reluctantly nodded, agreeing to stay where they were.

Y/N: Thank you.

Tai: Just be careful.

Y/N: I will.

You gave Tai a hug, and then Raven, but before you pulled away, you whispered into her ear so none of the two would hear.

Y/N: *Whispers* If anything happens, promise me you'll take care of Summer and Ruby for me.

She didn't know what to think at the time, and when you pulled away, she just nodded, almost saddened by what you said, making her think that you might not come back. You gave Yang one more kiss, and walked out the door. As you were walking through the snowy forest, you felt a presence near you.

Y/N: *Sigh* You better not follow me Qrow.

Qrow stepped out from the shadows.

Qrow: I'm not letting you do this alone. No matter what you say, besides I aint got nothing to lose.

Y/N: Qrow, you got plenty to lose.

Qrow: I ain't leaving you Y/N.

Y/N: *Sigh* Just promise me, if things go bad, you run like hell.

Qrow: Ain't nothing gonna go bad, wanna know why? Because they got you and me.

Y/N: *Chuckle* You been drinking again? Because you sound drunk.