Confessions

Note:I'm back to writing from Shichi's point of view and hopefully you'll like this chapter and sorry for the mushiness near the end of the chapter unless you like that stuff.

I could feel something on my face but I didn't know what it was. I was able to overcome my sleepiness and made my hand grab the pressure on my face and lift it off. I examined the small kitten that was sound asleep. Damn you Henshin. I placed him on the side of the bed and got up. I was feeling sluggish and got dressed slower than normal. I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen. Shoukku and Yoroshii were there eating and I sat down. I wasn't really hungry so I just grabbed a piece of toast and sat there eating it. I then walked out of the house and was on my way to school when Miki appeared again. Dammit. I wasn't in the mood to fight him so I kept walking. Miki was yelling at me to stop but I didn't listen. I then felt a pressure hit my arm and looked to see Miki's fist on my arm. I looked at him and noticed the band aid above his eye. It must have been there to cover the gash from yesterday. I grabbed his hand and removed it from my arm and continued walking. He was hitting me over and over on the same spot on my arm. I quickly got annoyed and I grabbed his wrist and began to twist it causing him to fall to his knees in pain. I could tell he knew I wasn't in the mood because he quickly began to apologize over and over. I let go off his now red arm and continued to walk. Aomi greeted me as she always did by jumping on my back and squealing in my ear. She talked while I just listened and we finally arrived at the school. Chokichi was there with a blush on his face. What the hell? I've never seen him blush that much before. When he looked at me the blush got brighter. Aomi then began to act weird. Once we had reached Chokichi, she quickly said that she needed to use the bathroom and ran inside. I was left alone with Chokichi and the awkwardness that was in the air. Chokichi then spoke but in a soft whisper that I almost didn't hear him.

Choki:*mumbles*

Me:What?

Choki:I h-have something to t-tell you.

Me:Then go ahead.

Choki:*mumbles*

Me:I can't hear you if you don't speak clearly.

Choki:I... *mumbles*

I sighed. I was getting nowhere with him. I was about to walk past him and in to the school when he blocked my path. He really looked like he wanted to get something off his chest. I stopped and stood there for another 2 minutes before he spoke again.

Choki:I... um...

Me:Tell me already. If you don't hurry then I'm leaving.

Chokichi blushed harder and his face went fully pink. He sighed and his shoulders went down a bit. I could tell he just relaxed his body and he spoke again.

Choki:I... like you.

Me expression didn't change. Somehow I already knew that. He took my silence as a bad sign though and began to pout.

Choki:You don't feel the same do you?

I chuckled. I really did like Chokichi but I thought that he was the one to tell me instead of the other way around. I knew I had to say something or else he would start crying.

Me:Not true. I do like you. I was just waiting for you to say it you idiot.

He shot his head up, small tears forming in his eyes. A smile then stretched across his face and he began to go back to his awkward act.

Choki:W-would you like to be my g-girlfriend?

Me:Sure.

I said it with a smile that made Chokichi look at me in shock. I had never smiled around them much before so he was surprised to see one plastered on my face. I began to walk past him but quickly grabbed his hand and began to drag him behind me. I could tell he was surprised by this action since his hand felt warm. I dragged him to class to see Aomi. She looked at us and smiled widely. She jumped up and hugged me tighter than usual. She then let go of me and did the same to Chokichi. She seemed enthusiastic about something.

Aomi:You guys are finally together!

Me:So you expected this?

Aomi:Yep. I even told Choki yesterday to tell you how he felt. He thought you weren't going to like him and you just proved him wrong.

Choki:Aomi! Enough already!

Chokichi was freaking out and trying to get Aomi to stop spilling everything to me. I just chuckled under my breath and watched as Aomi kept talking and Chokichi was still trying to make her stop. It went on for a few minutes until Aomi finally went quiet and Chokichi was smiling. I sat next to Chokichi and class started. I didn't pay much attention to the teacher since I was in my own little world. I went over all my accomplishments. Becoming the leader of a group, defeating Hotaru, surviving a fight with Zenaku, battling a lot of demons, and now having Chokichi finally confess to me. I then thought about the things I still had to do. Protect people from demons, save anyone that needed help, even if that meant Miki as well, and, most importantly, defeat Zenaku. I knew that he was still out there, waiting to strike and steal my shard from me. I wasn't going to let him have his way and if he even tried some dirty trick as to use my family and friends against me then I'll kill him. I hadn't just made a confession to Chokichi, I made one to myself. A confession that told me I wasn't going to back down and that I was going to kill Zenaku.